Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ayami Kojima (小島 文美, Kojima Ayami) is a Japanese artist who started out as an illustrator for various novels before moving into the field of conceptual video game design. In the west, she is best known for her work as a character designer in the Castlevania series. Her talents were discovered after working as a secretary. Her hobbies include reading shonen manga and watching creepy movies, the latter being more of an inspiration to the development of her unique style.
For her paintings, Kojima mainly uses a mix of traditional mediums such as Conté crayons, India ink, acrylics, etc. Her art style is mostly characterized by dark surreal imagery, incorporating contrasting values and color tones reminiscent of the Baroque style. She is self-taught.
Works for KoeiEdit
- Nobunaga no Yabou Youmaden: Futari no Mori Ranmaru - cover illustration
- Söldnerschild - character designer and illustrator
- Ishin no Arashi Bakumatsu Shishiden - character designer and illustrator
- Sangokushi Trading Card Game - card illustrations for Zhou Yu, Zhuge Liang, etc.
- Samurai Warriors 3 - Treasure Box illustrations for Nobunaga, Nō, Mitsunari, Ginchiyo, and Muneshige
- Dynasty Warriors 7 - Treasure Box illustrations for Lu Xun and Zhen Ji
- Dynasty Warriors 8 - Treasure Box illustrations for Zhuge Liang and Sima Shi