|Dynasty Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends|
|Genre:||Hack and Slash|
|Game Modes:||Single Player, Multiplayer|
Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends (真・三國無双3 猛将伝, Shin Sangoku Musou 3: Moushouden) is a spin-off of Dynasty Warriors 4. Players can import previous versions of their characters in this game if they have an original Dynasty Warriors 4 disc.
- The game introduces a new feature called Legend Mode. This trend continues with alterations in the following Xtreme Legends expansion.
- Two new difficulty settings (Novice and Expert) are included in this game. Expert setting causes all playable CPU characters to use their Lv. 10 weapons in battle by default.
- Characters can upgrade their weapons up to Level 11 by perfecting their own legend stage under the said Expert difficulty setting, and said Lv. 11 weapons despite having less weapon attack power than their Lv. 10 counterparts, also now have extra stats bonus stats much like previous weapons in the third installment as compensation, as well as elemental activations on any of the characters' Musou Attacks and True Musou Attacks alike.
- Nine new rare items are introduced. Previous rare items can also be obtained by playing through specific Legend Modes. Sometimes, these are easier to achieve than the original requirements.
- Xtreme Mode, a mercenary-like adventure where anything goes, is introduced. The main goal in this mode is to survive as long as possible and conquer the other provinces.
- Weapon reset is now available, which allows the player to now reset weapon levels much like resetting characters' stats, and allowing Lv. 10 and Lv. 11 weapons alike to be re-acquired multiple times through this function.
- Improved and tweaked enemy AI, such as CPU officers using taunts to break guards as one of the newly added traits.
|This article about a Koei game is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|