|Dynasty Warriors 5|
|Genre:||Hack and Slash|
|Game Modes:||Single Player, Multiplayer|
|Platform(s):||PlayStation 2, Xbox|
Dynasty Warriors 5 (真・三國無双4, Shin Sangoku Musou 4) is the fifth numbered installment in the Dynasty Warriors series. So far, it's the title with the most amount of spin-offs. The game's characters, visuals, and fighting style are also the most publicized versions to date.
- The Musou Token is a new item that activates Musou Rage which powers up the character momentarily. The player can pick it up on the ground by killing certain soldiers, breaking certain boxes, or by getting 100 KO's when wielding a fourth weapon. To activate it, press R3 (right analog stick).
- Evolutionary attacks add an additional three attacks to a moveset. When using a weapon who's informational screen has a blue, swirling dot on it and also having a full Musou bar, players can press an additional three times after , , , , , . The first two additional attacks are regular, and the last attack's purpose is to clear crowds.
- Dynasty Warriors 5 adds a Weight system to weapons. Weapons' weights are classified as being Light, Medium, and Heavy. Light weapons are faster compared to the other types, but have weak damage - only at 75% capacity. Medium-weighted weapons have average speed and power, with 100% attack power. Lastly, Heavy weapons make the character attack slower, but with a 125% damage percentage.
- Instead of the original multiple bodyguards that would accompany the player during a battle, only one bodyguard is available to have. Bodyguards are classified into grades that affect their stats, and can also have elements and abilities added to them.
- Orbs are obtained through special conditions instead of randomly receiving them. Also, levels for the Orbs are unapparent in this game.
Removes factions' story method from the previous installment in favor of individual stories for every character.
Same as most other titles.
Same as the previous title but with somewhat different summaries for each officer. The timeline section is also extended a bit.
Allows players to pick their officer of choice and participate in one of the four following modes
- Time Attack - Defeat 100 enemies as fast as possible.
- Rampage - Beat as many enemies as possible before life depletes.
- Sudden Death - Try to beat several enemies without being hit.
- Bridge Melee - Knock off incoming enemies off the bridge within the time limit.
The game retains the same cast from the previous installment and adds six new officers. Characters are unlocked by clearing several stories in Musou Mode. Those with bolded names are unlocked right from the start while officers with an asterisk next to theirs are new in this title.
|Zuo Ci's Story Cleared||60|
|Zhu Rong's Story Cleared||20|
|Meng Huo's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhang Jiao's Story Cleared||20|
|Yuan Shao's Story Cleared||20|
|Dong Zhuo's Story Cleared||20|
|Lu Bu's Story Cleared||20|
|Diao Chan's Story Cleared||20|
|Ling Tong's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhou Tai's Story Cleared||20|
|Xiao Qiao's Story Cleared||20|
|Da Qiao's Story Cleared||20|
|Sun Ce's Story Cleared||20|
|Huang Gai's Story Cleared||20|
|Gan Ning's Story Cleared||20|
|Lu Meng's Story Cleared||20|
|Sun Quan's Story Cleared||20|
|Sun Jian's Story Cleared||20|
|Sun Shang Xiang's Story Cleared||20|
|Taishi Ci's Story Cleared||20|
|Lu Xun's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhou Yu's Story Cleared||20|
|Pang De's Story Cleared||20|
|Cao Pi's Story Cleared||20|
|Cao Ren's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhen Ji's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhang He's Story Cleared||20|
|Xu Huang's Story Cleared||20|
|Sima Yi's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhang Liao's Story Cleared||20|
|Xiahou Yuan's Story Cleared||20|
|Cao Cao's Story Cleared||20|
|Xu Zhu's Story Cleared||20|
|Dian Wei's Story Cleared||20|
|Xiahou Dun's Story Cleared||20|
|Xing Cai's Story Cleared||20|
|Guan Ping's Story Cleared||20|
|Yue Ying's Story Cleared||20|
|Pang Tong's Story Cleared||20|
|Wei Yan's Story Cleared||20|
|Jiang Wei's Story Cleared||20|
|Huang Zhong's Story Cleared||20|
|Ma Chao's Story Cleared||20|
|Liu Bei's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhuge Liang's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhang Fei's Story Cleared||20|
|Guan Yu's Story Cleared||20|
|Zhao Yun's Story Cleared||20|
- Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
- Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires
- Dynasty Warriors 5 Special: Xbox 360 and PC version of the game that combines elements with the original game and Xtreme Legends (excluding the Edit Mode and Destiny Mode features). Sports higher res graphics and includes the Japanese and English tracks. Exclusive to Eastern regions in Asia.
- Completing Musou Mode with all of the characters unlocks all achievements to a total of 1,000 points. Every character except Zuo Ci is 20 points. Zuo Ci's ending grants 60 points.
The games listed below either use character visuals or movesets from this title.
- Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2
- Dynasty Warriors DS: Fighter's Battle (simplified and stylized versions)
- Dynasty Warriors Mahjong
- Dynasty Warriors: Online/BB
- Warriors Orochi series
- Pachislot Shin Sangoku Musou by Olympia; additional screenshots can be seen here.
- CR Shin Sangoku Musou by San Three
- CR Shin Sangoku Musou Moushouden
Koei published a series of trading card game (「真・三國無双 4」トレーディングカードゲーム) based on Dynasty Warriors 5 on July 29, 2005. The cards are illustrated by Hiroyuki Suwahara. Starter box (53 cards) cost 1500 yen, while booster pack (10 cards) cost 280 yen. Available starter box including Wei set, Wu set, Shu set. There are total 266 cards in the game, including 36 commander, 160 general, 35 strategy, 15 trap, 20 item. Booster pack include 10 cards from the set of 266.
The eight volume fanbook publication, Musou Fan Field combined information for this game with Samurai Warriors and its then upcoming sequel. It included exclusive illustrations, sneak peaks to new features in the games and their expansions, dream match novelizations or coverage between two factions, and a showcase of letters and fans from both franchises. Voice actor commentary, several comics, and other editorials answering questions to fans were also included. Three compilations of Three Kingdoms based novels were also published under the label, Musou Fan Field Novels.
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 1 - collection of four panel parody comics created and illustrated by fans. ISBN: 4-7758-0317-4
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 2 - ISBN: 4-7758-0339-0
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 3 - ISBN: 4-7758-0337-9
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 4 - ISBN: 4-7758-0338-7
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 5 - ISBN: 4-7758-0339-5
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 6 - ISBN: 4-7758-0386-7
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 7 - ISBN: 4-7758-0387-5
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 8 - ISBN: 4-7758-0388-3
- Comic Shin Sangoku Musou 4 ~ Wonder Evolution Vol. 9 - ISBN: 4-7758-0450-2
- Alternate costumes for the new characters later appear in Warriors Orochi 2.
- A particular fighting scene in The Restless caused quite a stir with movie goers, many claiming that it copied too many actions from this game's intro sequence. Though the director denied the claim, it was a somewhat popular topic for its time.
- Official site
- Official Taiwanese site
- Official Korean site
- Official Japanese site
- 5 Special Japanese site
- 5 Special Taiwanese site
- Trading card official site
- Opening movie
- Pachislot promotional trailer
|This article about a Koei game is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|