- This page is for the DLC weapons for Dynasty Warriors 7. For weapon movesets in the other games, please see the Movesets category.
- See also: Dynasty Warriors 7/DLC Weapons
All weapons listed below are unlocked as downloadable content in Dynasty Warriors 7 and its expansion title. They are initially available in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires as EX weapons for certain characters. Although half of these were originally used in previous installments, they have been modified completely to match the game's battle system.
- Dagger Axe - Yue Ying's first weapon of choice in the series. Her EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors Next.
- Bombs - Huang Gai's secondary weapon throughout the series. Dong Zhuo's EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors Next.
- Short Pike - A weapon historically used by Dian Wei to fight Lu Bu's army. Han Dang's EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors 8.
- Mace - Xiahou Dun's weapon in Dynasty Warriors 6. Pang De's EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors Next.
- Great Axe - Xu Huang's first weapon of choice in the series. His EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors Next.
- Pugil Stick - Da Qiao's weapon in Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid 2. Her EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.
- Spiked Shield - Cao Ren's first weapon of choice in the series. His EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.
- Lightning Sword - A sword that summons lightning. Sima Shi's EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.
- Arm Blade (Iron Boat) - A small metal skiff. Huang Gai's EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.
- Boomerang - Zhu Rong's first weapon of choice in the series. Her EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.
- Circle Blade - A large circular blade. Ding Feng's EX weapon in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.
|Keys||Normal Attack||Strong Attack||Jump/Mount|
- : Stabs the weapon's head forward while spinning the curved blade attached to it to damage enemies and break their guards.
- , : Throws the nearest enemy upward.
- , , : Spins weapon to the front.
- , , , : Hooks up a group of enemies, swings them overhead, and smashes them to the floor. Cannot be blocked.
- , , , , : A stab with the butt end of the weapon, then a clockwise swing upward, hooking up and throwing some enemies into the air.
- , , , , , : A counterclockwise spinning swing, dragging several enemies in the process, then another clockwise swing to throw them out.
- , , , , , : Launches an upper swipe, a round horizontal slash to the left, a light thrust, and three more horizontal swings.
- Dashing : A full degree spinning swipe forward that ends with an upward slash.
- , : A downward swipe while in mid-air.
- Switch Attack: Latches unto the nearest foe and slams them on the ground.
- : Pulls and hold the dagger down to the left, grabs enemies along on contact, then swings them up to the right.
- , , , , , : Slashes diagonally on the left multiples times in a row.
- Storm Rush: Swings heavily back and forth before tossing weapon forward in a boomerang-like fashion.
- Switch Counter: Takes a step back before countering with a powerful horizontal swing.
- : Smashes the ground and detonates pre-set bombs.
- , : Throws a bomb upward.
- , , : Throws a few bombs into the front, then kicks another into the enemy.
- , , , : Throws five bombs in a fan shape formation into the front arc.
- , , , , : Hurls a small exploding fire ball to the front, then spins once and sets five bombs around the user.
- , , , , , : Plants a bomb on the nearest enemy, pushes them away, then punches the ground to detonate it.
- , , , , , : Throws several bombs forward from left to right.
- Dashing : Lobs a bomb within arcing distance, stunning any foe in its path.
- , : Throws a pair of bombs downward.
- Switch Attack: Uses bombs to create an explosion at close-range.
- : Scatters six bombs on the ground, causing them to explode upon contact.
- , , , , , : Tosses several bombs back and forth.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Tosses two bombs unto the ground, causing them to detonate and launch nearby foes into the air.
- Storm Rush: Smacks enemies numerous times before kicking a detonating bomb at their direction.
- Switch Counter: Backs off in time to throw a bomb at the attacker.
- : Twirls weapon overhead, creating a cyclone around the user.
- , : Sends forth an air wave along the ground.
- , , , (), (): Spins weapon to the front, then stabs once. Two more spins can be done each time the button is pressed.
- , , , : Tosses weapon forward, then rams shoulder into opponents to close the gap between them and the grounded weapon.
- , , , , : Smashes the ground to produce a shockwave.
- , , , , , : Grabs the nearest foes, runs for a short distance holding them, and unleashes an ascending swing.
- , , , , , : Swings diagonally from lower right to upper left, then slashes to the right followed by an overhead strike. The second half of the attack sequence consists of an ascending vertical slash, a diagonal spin, and a round swing to the front.
- Dashing : A full half-circular swing of the weapon performed at full force.
- , : Slashes beneath opponents.
- Switch Attack: Charges forth and swings weapon before tossing it upward like a boomerang.
- Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires
- EX Attack: , , : Stabs weapon unto the ground to produce a shockwave.
- Musou - Earthsplitter (白天殺): : Slashes weapon diagonally and leaps up into the air to stab the ground with enough impact to cause tremors.
- Alternate Musou - White Flash (白閃葬): R1 + : Spins weapon around before releasing a massive ground shockwave.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- : Strikes the ground while vaulting into the air. The charged version has the user grapple the nearest enemy before vaulting in the air at a higher altitude and slamming them unto the floor.
- , : Launches enemies upward by stabbing the ground. The charged variation of this move has more range and damage output.
- , , : Slams weapon unto the earth while raising leg upward, dizzying nearby enemies. The charged form releases a radial shockwave.
- , , , : Remains the same like in the previous title. The charged variation of this move has the user produce a tremor from tossing the weapon and producing a dash effect while closing the gap. The user is also surrounded by a repelling force when charging this particular attack.
- , , , , : Causes weapon to spin vertically within very short distance, launching enemies high up in the air. During the charged version of this move, the user powerfully slams the ground to send opponent airborne before releasing waves of energy to knock them down.
- , , , , , : Identical to its previous form in the previous title, but adds a radial shockwave at the end. The charged version allows the user to dash much longer before emitting a much larger shockwave.
- Storm Rush: Swings multiple times, sending out streams of violent winds forward.
- Switch Counter: Steps back and repels opponent with a single swipe.
In Dynasty Warriors 8, the short pike's moveset has been altered considerably. It now has a new ability which allows the user to perform different and more powerful moves by holding down while using charge attacks on the ground.
- : An overhead smash
- , : Knocks an enemy upward.
- , , , (), (): Stabs forward with the butt end of the weapon, then does a swing from right to left. Two more stabs can be performed each time is pressed.
- , , , : A stronger counterclockwise swing.
- , , , , : A small hop followed by an overhead smash stronger than C1.
- , , , , , : Swings counterclockwise to send forth a vertical whirlwind, then jabs forward to create a horizontal one.
- , , , , , : Two counterclockwise swings, followed by a clockwise swing, then repeat.
- Switch Attack: Does a round swing before hopping about and striking the ground.
- Storm Rush: Launches a barrage of powerful overhead swings before slamming the floor with enough force to produce a tremor.
- Switch Counter: Steps back before repelling attacker with a frontal stab.
- : Performs a lunging charge with axe protecting the user's torso.
- , : Hooks up a few enemies in the front and sends them airborne.
- , , : An overhead swing that ends with axe being driven to the ground.
- , , , : Does a full spinning slash.
- , , , , : Spins like a top twice and lands with a a ground smash.
- , , , , , : Does a circular swing before throwing captured opponent upwards.
- , , , , , : Executes an overhead swing before user holds axe low and spins twice. The next two hits consist of a diagonal swing and a horizontal swipe. The attack ends with a grounded slash that sends affected enemies flying.
- Dashing : Delivers an anticipated slash at the enemy's midsection.
- , : Swings weapon at a low angle while in mid-air.
- Switch Attack: Swings axe once to build inertia for a heavy diagonal swing.
- : An anticipated swing to the right, then to the left.
- , , , , , : Swings six consecutive times at the right side.
- Storm Rush: Spins around several times while wielding weapon, ending the assault with a sudden slam on the ground.
- Switch Counter: Backs away before doing an overhead swing on the target.
- : Causes a weak explosion of energy on the ground while jumping backwards in the air.
- , : Emits a short-ranged wave of energy towards the front.
- , , , (): Shoots several small balls of energy to the front, followed by a powerful burst dazing the enemies. Pressing a second time causes the user to jump back during the magical explosion.
- , , , : Shoots multiple balls of energy in a semi-circular form in front of the user.
- , , , , , (): Spins around creating a whirlwind around the user to suck in enemies. Pressing a second time creates a second whirlwind.
- , , , , , : Jumps up into the air and spins, shooting off multiple balls while spinning.
- , , , , , : Fires several magical projectiles in front of the user.
- Dashing : Does a somersault while firing a short-ranged wave of energy to the front.
- , : Shoots two balls of energy towards the ground while floating in mid-air, dashing on the ground afterwards.
- Dash: Hovers forward while leaping in the air.
- Switch Attack: Creates a magical seal which knocks enemies away.
- : Fires two projectiles that land on both sides and burst into small rays of light.
- , , , , , : Sends down two projectiles from left to right multiple times.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : swings wands towards the ground, sending out a single blast of energy that explodes when hitting a target or the ground.
- , : Previous air attack from seventh game.
- Storm Rush: Twirls around continuously, surrounding the user within a violent tornado. The attack ends with a cross swing knocking affected enemies away.
- Switch Counter: Hops back and retaliates with three shots sent forward.
This moveset is a revamped version of Daqiao's pugil sticks moveset from Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid 2. An excellent long-ranged moveset, it is capable of clearing crowds easily with its C5 and C6. However, it is fairly weak for dueling officers and users are recommended to use other secondary weapons to counterbalance this. Most of its charge attacks launch the user into the air, allowing for easy aerial assaults or combo building by tapping .
- : Stabs the ground with weapon, causing a ring of fissures to erupt around the user.
- , : Uses blade to lift enemies upward.
- , , : Shoots several energy blades five times in front of the opponent.
- , , , : Spins around once before stomping the ground.
- , , , , : Jumps and stomps on the ground to produce a small shockwave.
- , , , , , : Fires air waves unto the earth, causing rocks to erupt within the user's vicinity.
- , , , , , : Slashes from right to left, hops in time to stab the ground, swings weapon two more times, and rams shield forward.
- Dashing : Bum rushes against opponents with shield before slashing behind the user's left side.
- , : Performs a front flip and slams shield into the ground, generating a small shockwave upon impact.
- Switch Attack: Switches immediately without performing an extra attack.
- : Sends out two invisible air waves in front of nearby enemies.
- , , , , , : Does diagonal swings on the left several times in a row.
- Storm Rush: Inflicts multiple slashes that send out several air currents towards the target. The user ends the attack by slamming the ground.
- Switch Counter: Dodges incoming attack while countering with a frontal stab.
- : Launches a powerful thrust.
- , : Does a frontal stab followed by a diagonal slash knocking enemies into the air.
- , , : Jabs enemies with right elbow, forming a grapple. Then stabs enemy three times in a row quickly, followed up by the user jumping and performing a spinning slash.
- , , , : Leaps into the air and performs five slashes, each one at a different angle. Every slash performed propels the user forward while in mid-air.
- , , , , : Performs a diagonal spinning slash, capable of knocking groups of enemies up into the air.
- , , , , , : Unleashes a powerful circular slash done horizontally and slams blade into the ground to conjure a dome of pure electrical energy. Enemies caught in it will be launched into the air left dangling momentarily. Those not airborne will stay paralyzed and be unable to move for a short time until they are either attacked or too much time passes.
- , , , , , : Inflicts four wide horizontal slashes (swung from the left and right twice individually), a multi-hitting thrust, and another horizontal swipe.
- Dashing : Slides tip of blade along the ground before bringing it up for a vertical slice, knocking opponents into the air.
- , : Swings blade under the user at a vertical angle.
- Dash: Flips around in mid-air while holding sword in an upright position.
- Switch Attack: Performs a full spinning assault.
- : Unleashes a small shockwave traveling forward from the right side.
- , , , , , : Does narrow swings from right to left repeatedly.
- Storm Rush: Launches multiple quick stabs followed by a forward strike.
- Switch Counter: Steps back before launching a powerful thrust, knocking away nearby opponents.
- : Surfs on the boat for a short period of time.
- , : Uses the boat to launch an uppercut.
- , , : Surfs on the boat for a longer period of time.
- , , , : Surfs on the boat, quickly alternating between swerving left and right.
- , , , , : Surfs on a giant tsunami, lifting the user upward.
- , , , , , : Same as above but lasts for a longer period of time.
- , , , , , : Hits upward, swings to the right twice, rams forward, swings to the left, and hops in time to slam the ground, producing waves to wash away the enemy.
- Dashing : Grabs boat and spirals forward in mid-air with it.
- , : Surfs for a short time upon hitting the ground.
- Switch Attack: Knocks foes back by tossing weapon within a short distance.
- : Bats away enemies by swinging on the right side once.
- , , , , , : Swings back and forth while facing on the right.
- Storm Rush: Produces a whirlwind by spinning around continuously before hurling weapon high up into the air and surfing on it by the time it comes back on the ground.
- Switch Counter: Counters back by riding weapon against the enemy at an angle.
- : Unleashes two roundhouse kicks done using both legs, starting with the left and then with the right.
- , : Tosses boomerang up into the air vertically.
- , , , (), (), (), (): Throws boomerang in front of the user before spinning at an arc and returning back. Pressing again can make the user toss it once more. Can be thrown up to five times in a row.
- , , , : Hurls boomerang as it fully spins in front of user and slightly behind them.
- , , , , : Throws boomerang and causes it to spin around multiple times, eventually traveling upward to launch nearby enemies high up into the air.
- , , , , , : Spins in place with boomerang outstretched to damage enemies close by before tossing it forward. Force created from the constant spinning creates a mini tornado that picks up enemies and damages them as it travels along the ground a short distance from the user.
- , , , , , : Does a round slash to the right, a strike to the lower left, a roundhouse kick, and three more diagonal slashes alternating between right and left.
- Strong Attack : Pressing after a strong attack has connected will cause the user to toss the weapon to the side causing slight damage, then perform a flurry of kicks with the left leg followed by a horizontal chop with their own hand.
- Dashing : A powerful half-circle slice with weapon swung with enough might.
- , : Swings at enemies beneath the user.
- Dash: Spins around counterclockwise while leaping forward.
- Switch Attack: Throws boomerang forward at full force.
- : Throws boomerang as it performs a full spin around the horse.
- , , , , , : Does downward slashes from right to left repeatedly.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Drops down and strikes the ground to produce a tremor within the user's vicinity.
- Storm Rush: Produces violent currents by swinging weapon repeatedly. The user finishes the attack by launching a small tornado and a piercing thrust.
- Switch Counter: Steps away from the attacker before unleashing two strikes that send them airborne.
This weapon is a modified version of Zhurong's moveset from previous titles. Its gimmick is pulling off quick strikes and canceling strong attacks, making it great for combo purposes.
- : Holds weapon in front of user, tosses it up, and makes it land on the ground with a powerful thud.
- , (): Holds weapon in front of user and begins spinning while surrounded by a deep crimson aura. The user tosses it up as it spins, and it lands on the ground to juggle enemies while locked in place.
- , : Spins weapon in hands behind user, then swings up under-arm style to knock enemies into the air.
- , , (): Similar to the last move but causes weapon to spin away from the user, juggling opponents in the air for a few seconds before returning back.
- , , : Holds weapon close to body and does a full spin, ramming the body of the circle blade into the enemy.
- , , , (): Instead of ramming weapon unto the enemy, it spins around the user's arm and juggles foes continuously.
- , , , : Swings weapon on arm while pulling it up, knocking enemies into the air. The user falls back slightly after performing this move.
- , , , , (): The user uses spinning weapon to propel forward, mowing down enemies in the process.
- , , , , : Swings weapon up into the air, causing it to land on the ground while the user does a pose right in the center of the ring.
- , , , , , (): Performs an uppercut while weapon is spinning rapidly.
- , , , , , : Tosses circle blade up into the air, grabs it as it falls, performs a full spin, and violently slams the ground.
- , , , , , , (): As the weapon falls, the user performs a roundhouse kick to catch the weapon. Once caught on the user's foot, the force of the kick propels the weapon to circle around the wielder three times while it spins. It starts out close to the user before traveling further out, decimating all enemies within range.
- , , , , , : Slams the ground once, swings weapon to the left, and does several turning slashes to the right before striking from behind.
- Dashing : Performs a full degree spin while slowing down.
- , : Holds weapon over head, then slams it unto the ground.
- Switch Attack: Performs four spinning attacks before throwing circle blade forward.
- Special Effects: While performing a strong attack, pressing while the weapon briefly flashes red will result in an alternate, more powerful, move. In Dynasty Warriors 8 the red-colored flash is replaced by a more subdued teal.
- : User throws weapon towards the ground. It spins while being thrown, causing it to move alongside the horse as it runs and knock nearby foes away.
- , , , , , : Swings weapon from right to left several times.
- Storm Rush: Does wide horizontal and vertical slashes back and forth before juggling enemies by spinning weapon rapidly.
- Switch Counter: Turns back before unleashing a sweeping smack to repel the attacker.
Due to the complexity of handling the circle blade, it takes patience and practice to effectively use this peculiar weapon. Players who tend to constantly mash buttons may find it difficult to use the modified moves properly. The flash will only appear around the weapon if the button is pressed only once to initiate the desired charge attack. Pressing it repeatedly will prevent the flash from showing up.
|This article about a Koei game is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|