- This page is for the weapons introduced in Dynasty Warriors 7. For additional weapon movesets, please see the Movesets category.
Weapons in Dynasty Warriors 7 behave in a different manner than previous iterations of the series. Like the Strikeforce titles, characters can simultaneously equip two weapons at once and can switch between them at will. During battle, players can hold more than one weapon in their inventory and can switch the weapons they're using to change to another in reserve. This can be done during the middle of battle or even when the character is still in the air.
A quick switch between the two weapons triggers a "Switch Attack". Depending on the weapon, the motions for the attack motion will vary.
An "EX Attack" becomes available when a character is equipped with their personal weapon of choice (colloquially known as "EX Weapon"). The method for inputting these attacks are shown to the player through the weapon's action listing in the game's pause menu. A simple way of spotting the EX Attack or a character's weapon of choice is by noting the letters "EX" with the weapon icon. When it's selected, the golden letters will notify the player. There is one "EX Attack" available per character.
Even if characters have a preferred weapon of choice, however, the producer stresses that any weapon can be freely equipped for any character. A character's preferred weapon may not always be the best one for each character since it may not cover all of the character's weakspots. For an example, he compared Guan Yu and his trademark Green Dragon Crescent Blade. The weapon may cover a wide range but it's also slow and leaves Guan Yu open to attacks. To counter this, the producer suggested equipping Guan Yu with a speedier weapon type to make him more flexible. The weapon system strives to grant players the freedom to counteract these type of imbalanced traits at their own will and preferences.
Since the movesets themselves are ingrained with the weapon and not the character, all of the characters in this title will have similar movesets. This means anyone using a set of gauntlets, for example, will act in the same manner as Ding Feng or Meng Huo, the EX users of the weapon type. The known traits to separate EX users from the rest of the cast are their EX Attacks and specialized Musou attacks. Musou attacks for all of the characters will switch to their preferred weapon, regardless of whatever weapon they are currently using. Even if he doesn't have it within his inventory, Zhao Yun will automatically switch to his spear for his Musou attacks. The producer remarked that players can make any type of joke they want about how this is even possible. Gender may play a part in deciding on which weapons a character may be able to use.
"Unique" weapons also exist in the game. For instance, both Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi have feather fans as their weapon of choice. Zhuge Liang will have a white and green fan while Sima Yi's will turn black and purple. Wang Yuanji's throwing daggers for her downloadable costume will change their look but they will act the same. These "unique" effects are purely cosmetic.
Weapons can be earned by defeating enemy generals in battle or by purchasing them at a weapons store in Story or Conquest Mode. There are weapons that will be exclusive for the player in one mode and not the other (i.e.: there are weapons available in Story Mode that can't be found in Conquest Mode).
- See also Dynasty Warriors 7/Weapons
- Sword - Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun, Sun Jian, Sun Quan, Sima Zhao
- Rapier - Liu Shan, Sima Shi, Yuan Shao
- War Fan - Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi, Zhuge Dan
- Twin Swords - Cao Pi, Lu Xun, Liu Bei
- Spear - Zhao Yun, Ma Chao, Jiang Wei
- Pike - Xu Huang, Lu Meng, Guan Yu
- Double Voulge - Zhang Fei, Wei Yan
- Great Sword - Guan Ping, Xiahou Ba
- Throwing Knives - Wang Yuanji, Zhu Rong
- Chain and Sickle - Jia Xu, Gan Ning
- Flail - Cao Ren, Dong Zhuo, Gan Ning (in Empires)
- Club - Xu Zhu, Huang Gai
- Nunchaku - Ling Tong, Guan Suo
- Staff - Zhou Yu, Yue Ying
- Gloves - Ding Feng, Meng Huo
- Bow - Xiahou Yuan, Huang Zhong
- Shaman Rod - Pang Tong, Zhang Jiao
- Iron Fan - Da Qiao, Xiao Qiao
- Sword and Shield - Xing Cai
- Flying Swords - Zhong Hui
- Halberd - Lu Bu
- Twin Axes - Zhang Liao
- Lance - Deng Ai
- Twin Rods - Taishi Ci
- Axe - Dian Wei
- Curved Sword - Zhou Tai
- Claws - Zhang He
- Tonfa - Sun Ce
- Crossbow - Lian Shi
- Wheels - Sun Shang Xiang
- Whip - Diao Chan
- Spinner - Bao Sanniang
- Arm Cannon - Guo Huai
- Brush - Ma Dai
- Flute - Zhen Ji
- Harp - Cai Wenji
|Keys||Normal Attack||Strong Attack||Jump/Mount|
- : Hits enemy with sword handle to break their guard.
- , : Slashes the enemy into the air, jumps up, and strikes them back down.
- , , : Slashes horizontally a few times, stunning the opponent.
- , , , : Sends forth a horizontal air wave.
- , , , , : Stabs into the ground and sends the nearest foes flying.
- , , , , , : Spins around clockwise while performing a half-circular swing to the front, creating a shockwave to knock down opponents.
- , , , , , : Does two overhead swipes before turning around, followed by two more swings that set into the front arc, a frontal stab, and a wider swipe.
- Dashing : Jumps forward while slashing the opponent.
- , : A downward swipe.
- Dash: Rolls forward in the air once.
- Switch Attack: Sends forth a diagonal air wave. Can be used to cancel attacks in Next.
- : An anticipated swing to the right side, then another to the left.
- , , , , , : Six swings to the right side.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Flips around in mid-air before diving down and stabbing the earth to produce fissures.
- Storm Rush: Inflicts multiple swipes in front of the enemy, ending the assault with a spinning slash.
- Switch Counter: Dodges incoming assault and retaliates with a two-hit spin attack.
The sword moveset is considered to be the jack-of-all-trades of this game since almost every character has this weapon at their disposal with either a two-star or three-star skill level. It has moderate range, relatively good attack speed, and is extremely user-friendly. C3 is the most recommended for one-on-one duels and combo-making, while C4 and C6 are quick, albeit small, crowd-clearers. C5 is useful for some last-resort surprise attacks (as well as combo building, like C3), and C2 makes it easy to link with some characters' aerial Musou attacks.
- : Grabs the enemy and pushes them forward. Does very little damage, but is useful in breaking the enemy's guard.
- , : A quick lunge followed by an upward slash.
- , , : A very quick series of diagonal slashes. Enemies attacked by the first will be unable to escape the full combo.
- , , , : A horizontal slash which sends opponents flying.
- , , , , : Does three quick lunges forward.
- , , , , , : Sends an energy wave forward. This attack can break the enemy's guard.
- , , , , , : A quick combo made up of thrusts and slashes.
- Dashing : Hits foe while dashing forward.
- , : Does a quick lunge in mid-air.
- Dash: Rolls forward while in the air.
- Switch Attack: Sends forward countless energy lunges. Can cancel strong attacks in Next.
- : Does one lunge to the left.
- , , , , , : Does five jabs to the left and ends with three more stabs, only more powerful than the previous ones.
- Storm Rush: Does multiple jabs followed by a twirling slice that unleashes several slash marks upon the target.
- Switch Counter: Backs down before unleashing a quick short thrust forward.
A fighting style comprised mostly of lunges, the rapier is one of the least accurate movesets in the game. It is useful in crowd fights because the player does not have to focus on precision, but is very ineffective against officers due to its weak attacks. However, its speed is useful when cornered as it covers all areas around the player.
- : Emits a small stationary tornado.
- , : Causes a fiery explosion on the ground.
- , , : Summons lightning within a small area.
- , , , : Sends forth a thin beam of energy.
- , , , , : Sends out a swirl of wind to launch enemies up into the air.
- , , , , , : Sends forth three large energy beams.
- , , , , , : Sends out six whirlwinds in a row.
- Dashing : Dashes forward while producing a wind swirl.
- , : Shoots three lasers on the ground, causing fissures to erupt. Each shot can be aimed at different directions.
- Dash: Flips forward in mid-air.
- Switch Attack: Sends out a stationary tornado to attack nearby foes. The tornado effect is omitted in Next, though it can be used to cancel attacks despite its very short range.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Waves fan and creates a short gust of wind damaging enemies below.
- , : Previous air attack from seventh game.
- Storm Rush: Waves fan continuously, enveloping the user within a violent gust of wind.
- Switch Counter: Unleashes a powerful twister to repel opponents.
The war fan Moveset is heavily influenced by Zhuge Liang's movesets in all prior installments. It consists of medium-close ranged attacks consisting of air gusts (each with a small knockback effect) and thunder-based magic strikes which generally serve as crowd-clearers. Its main weakness is the relatively obvious openings between attacks despite its medium speed. A secondary weapon which strikes fast and leaves few openings is recommended.
- : Slashes downwards with both swords. Stuns the enemy.
- , : Jumps while alternately slashing with both swords. Launches the enemy as well as the user.
- , , : Twirls both swords in front, then stabs with both of them simultaneously. Dizzies the enemy.
- , , , : A double spinning slash.
- , , , , : Stabs both swords into the ground, sending an air wave forward that launches enemies upward.
- , , , , , : A turning horizontal slice. If it connects, the user stabs the enemy before finishing up with a slash to the legs. It cannot be blocked.
- , , , , , : Six alternating slashes with both swords.
- Dashing : Jumps forward while rapidly spinning with both swords.
- , : Launches several jabs diagonally downward before releasing a cross-shaped energy wave.
- Dash: Rolls forward in the air while holding swords on both sides.
- Switch Attack: Emits a shockwave to knock away nearby opponents. In Next, the attack is an angular spinning slash used for canceling attacks and building combos.
- : Swings swords simultaneously on both sides.
- , , , , , : Sends out six small air waves to the left side.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Swipes both swords in a cutting motion.
- , : Previous air attack from seventh game.
- Storm Rush: Slashes repeatedly back and forth before thrusting both swords forward.
- Switch Counter: Steps back and does an outward cross slash.
The moves of this weapon are taken directly from Liu Bei's Dynasty Warriors 6 moveset, with the attacks mixed together to match the charge attack system. Compared to other weapons, the twin swords' attack power is relatively weak, but makes up for it by having nearly every attack hit twice. Overall, it is an excellent weapon for clearing crowds thanks to its extremely powerful C4 and dashing attack. It loses much of its usefulness against officers, as it is very difficult to juggle with this weapon, but it is nonetheless still powerful.
- : Spins spear around within a full radius while finishing up with a pose on the left knee, breaking the opponent's guard. Can be held down to deal more damage and cannot be phased by attacks (with the exception of Musou attacks). Deals little damage.
- , : Strikes upward with blunt end of spear. If it connects, the user will continue to spin around the opponent, strike their legs, and send them flying to the air. The user then smashes the opponent down on the ground.
- , , , (): Stabs quickly three times before doing a dashing strike to the right. Pressing again will cause the user to add more stabs to the attack.
- , , , : Pulls back and shoots a narrow energy wave across the ground. If is held down, the user will send a wider arced energy wave instead.
- , , , , : Will swiftly charge spear up and down, emitting a large ground explosion and send opponents airborne.
- , , , , , : Executes a half-circular strike from right to left while also emitting a radial shockwave around the user. If is held down, the user will swing to the right instead. This version is more powerful and generates a much larger shockwave.
- , , , , , : Strikes to the left while simultaneously crossing the right foot between the left. The user crosses their legs back to normal while striking to the right, then swings directly from left to right before launching a frontal hit.
- Dashing : Dashes forward and strikes to the right.
- , : Jumps and sweeps from right to left in the air.
- Switch Attack: Plants spear into the ground and swings forward, causing a supposed dropkick into scissoring the opponent's neck with feet used as an anchor. From here, the user extends their spear at full length and spins around counter-clockwise within a wide radius before slamming the victim into the ground with a headscissors takedown by doing a somersault. It resembles Zhao Yun's deadlock attack from Dynasty Warriors 6. The move loses its grappling quality in Next, though it can be used to cancel strong attacks.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- Holding : User performs a stronger spin attack imbued with the cyclone element.
- , , , Holding : User performs a sweeping spin motion that shoots out a blade of energy.
- , , , , , Holding : User performs a charge thrust followed by a circular slash.
- Storm Rush: Stabs forward repeatedly, ending the attack with a final thrust.
- Switch Counter: Dodges incoming attack in time for a quick strike forward.
This moveset is a slightly modified version of Zhao Yun's moveset from Dynasty Warriors 6 and shares many of the same strengths and weaknesses. A good overall style for beginning players to use, it is highly mobile with good crowd clearing attacks, decent speed, and range.
- : Sends forth an air wave along the ground, breaking the enemy's guard.
- , : Hits the nearest enemy with rear end of weapon. It if connects, the victim will be struck by the blade end before being tossed into the air. Cannot be blocked.
- , , , (): Two leaping spin slashes followed by a horizontal slash, stunning the enemy. Can be done twice in a row.
- , , , : A mighty left-to-right slash forward.
- , , , , : A small hop followed by a downward chop.
- , , , , , : Twirls weapon overhead, then a diagonal slash upward.
- , , , , , : Does six alternating swipes from left to right.
- Switch Attack: Slams the ground with rear end of pike, brings down the nearest enemy, then violently lifts weapon upward to throw the downed victim into the air. Can be canceled with another hit string in Next.
- : Swings vertically to the right and left.
- , , , , , : Launches several vertical slices six consecutive times.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Spins around in the air before slamming the ground with enough might to produce fissures.
- Storm Rush: Swings weapon diagonally back and forth, unleashing a piercing strike at the end of the attack.
- Switch Counter: Dodges attack before countering with two or more twirling slashes and a wide frontal swing.
The pike is a modified version of the polearm moveset in Dynasty Warriors 6. It now boasts a stronger square chain and like the spear moveset is relatively user-friendly and has good range. However, it suffers from a somewhat slow attacking speed and has few knockbacks.
- : Pounds the ground in front with one end of the weapon, breaking the guard of nearby foes.
- , : An uppercut with the left-hand blade.
- , , : A series of zig-zagging slashes done while moving forward. Ends with a stab with the right-hand side of blade.
- , , , : A semi-circular heavy slash into the front arc with the right-hand blade.
- , , , , : Spins weapon violently like a propeller to the front.
- , , , , , : Twirls weapon overhead, ends with a fierce right-to-left slash forward.
- , , , , , : Three alternating slashes from both blades, ending with a spinning slash.
- Switch Attack: A half-circular right-to-left slash. Can be used to cancel attacks in Next.
- Switch Effect: User's attack range temporarily increases when switched to this weapon.
- : Slashes diagonally to the right and left.
- , , , , , : Twirls voulge diagonally from left to right repeatedly.
- Storm Rush: Unleashes multiple cuts by twirling weapon continuously. The user then proceeds to roll in the air and pound the ground.
- Switch Counter: Jumps back and repels opponent by stabbing the ground.
The double voulge moveset is heavily influenced by Wei Yan's movesets prior to Dynasty Warriors 6. It consists of mediocre crowd clearing abilities with its C1 to C4 moves, while the C5 is an excellent one-on-one officer killer (since every one of its spins is elemental). Its C6 is good for crowd control, allowing the user to break out of massive flocks of enemies.
- : Swings sword aside to break guard. Hold to perform an overhead smash.
- , : Raises weapon upward before pausing.
- , , : Slams sword's front edge towards opponent.
- , , , : Sends forth a mighty air wave.
- , , , , : Slams the ground with enough force to lift up enemies.
- , , , , , : Raises sword to perform a shockwave, followed by a powerful wave of air.
- , , , , , : Unleashes three revolving slashes, a ground slam, and two powerful swipes.
- Switch Attack: Does an overhead chop. Can be charged for greater damage. The attack loses its charge feature in Next, though it can be used to cancel attacks instead.
- Special Effect: After performing any strong attack, holding down will activate either C4 or C5.
- Storm Rush: Spins around with enough force to produce a whirlwind. The attack ends with the user chopping the ground.
- Switch Counter: Steps back and launches an upward arcing slash.
- Special Effect: When performing any strong attack holding , then releasing when sword is behind the user will cause them to slash horizontally and release a wave of energy. Continuing to hold past the mid mark will end the attack with an overhead smash instead.
- : Smashes the ground to trigger a weak explosion.
- , : Kicks the opponent into the air.
- , , : Throws three fans of paralyzing knives into opponents.
- , , , : Kicks the enemy away.
- , , , , : Smashes the ground to send enemies flying upward.
- , , , , , : Fiercely throws two fans of daggers onto the opponent.
- , , , , , : Pelts enemies with five knives in a row several times.
- Dashing : Throws knives in the air, kicks them when falling down onto the opponent.
- , : Throws two fans of knives down to the opponent.
- Dash: Rolls forward while in mid-air.
- Switch Attack: Sends a fan of daggers that daze any nearby enemies. In Next, the attack staggers foes instead and can also be used to cancel strong attacks.
- : Hurls an array of knives from both sides.
- , , , , , : Throws daggers down at opponents from the left side.
- Storm Rush: Rapidly chucks a shower of knives towards nearby opponents, finishing the barrage by tossing more knives within the user's front view.
- Switch Counter: Tumbles back before throwing multiple knives in a fan formation.
The throwing knives moveset is quick and strong at mid-range and short-range combat. Not only does it offer excellent combo capabilities, its attacks can easily fill up the Musou gauge. Unfortunately, the throwing knives are not good to use if the player is surrounded at all sides as it lacks strong knockback attacks and generally only hits enemies in the front. This leaves users of this moveset highly vulnerable to attacks from behind. It also has a hard time breaking blocks and guards but can easily juggle opponents if they are already airborne.
Chain & SickleEdit
- : Rolls forward and makes an anticipated throw to the front. If it hits an enemy, the user will slash at their ankle.
- , : Flails sickle upward.
- , , : Rams shoulder forward.
- , , , : Does four wide criss-cross slashes to the front, ending the attack with a stronger slash forward.
- , , , , : Wraps chain around a small group of enemies, violently yanks them upwards, then creates a small explosion that sends them all flying.
- , , , , , : Launches sickle diagonally to attack foe.
- , , , , , : Lands two frontal slashes against the enemy before hurling sickle in varying directions.
- Dashing : Throws the sickle out to the front, causing a small spinning slash.
- , : A downward swipe while leaping in the air.
- Dash: Rolls forward in the air.
- Switch Attack: Leaps into the air and comes back down, sending forth an air wave which stuns all enemies caught in its path. Can be used while being attacked by enemies. Next changes the move into a crouching overhead swing capable of canceling strong attacks.
- : An anticipated swing to the right side, then to the left.
- , , , , , : Six rotating swings to the right side.
- Storm Rush: Flails weapon back and forth several times, sending it out at the end of the attack.
- Switch Counter: Flips back into the air before sending out energy waves upon landing.
While the chain and sickle has great range, its large sweeping swings can leave gaps in the user's attack through which an enemy can take advantage of at higher levels. It also does not provide full coverage. Thus, it works best when equipped together with a fast-striking or wide-ranged secondary weapon.
- : An anticipated throw into the front arc. Breaks the enemy's guard.
- , : Turns once and hits an enemy upwards.
- , , : Does two anticipated diagonal swings.
- , , , : A small hop followed by a ground smash.
- , , , , : Grabs the nearest foe, twirls them around, and slams the ground with enough force to send the victim airborne.
- , , , , , : Hooks up enemies in the front. If a single enemy is caught, the user swings weapon in an overhead fashion and slams them to the ground. If more than one foe is hooked up, they will be swung overhead and tossed away instead.
- , , , , , : Spins flail back and forth, twirls it around further, slams the ground, and thrusts it forward.
- Switch Attack: Sends forth an air wave along the ground. Can cancel strong attacks in Next.
- Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires
- , , : Swings flail upwards, then slams it down on the ground at full force.
- , , , : Turns body in the air at an angle and then spins around, slamming the flail head into the ground and repeating the process with each consecutive jump. can be mashed to extend the attack to 5 slams total.
- , , , , , : Flail grapples onto enemies and spins around multiple times. user then jumps up into the air as they fling the grappled enemies into the air.
- Dashing : Twirls flail around users body while still running a short distance. can be mashed to extend the run and add additional swings.
- Shadow Sprint: Performs a short flying kick.
- Storm Rush: Spins weapon around several times, slamming it unto the earth at the end of the assault.
- Switch Counter: Evades attack before swinging weapon towards the enemy.
In Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires, the flail gains a change in attacks to match the fighting style of its new EX owner Gan Ning.
- : Rolls forward knocking any foes in the way.
- , : Flings the nearest opponent into the air.
- , , : A double spinning swing done counterclockwise followed by a clockwise swing.
- , , , : Sends enemies flying with a strong swing.
- , , , , : Grabs the nearest enemy and throws them up in the air, swinging them away upon their descent.
- , , , , , : Does a mighty overhead smash on the ground.
- , , , , , : Slams weapon on the ground, thrusts three times, launches a swing, and does another slam.
- Switch Attack: Swings at full strength, sending an air wave traveling along the ground. Can be used in the middle of performing other attacks in Next.
- Storm Rush: Pounds the earth multiple times.
- Switch Counter: Rolls backwards before hopping forward and launching a quick overhead swing.
The club moveset is a modified version of the mace moveset found in Dynasty Warriors 6. It has moderate range, but its moves are slow and unwieldy even with characters who have maximum proficiency ratings for the weapon. C3 is the most commonly recommended move as it can quickly build up combo hits. Its strong attacks have a chance of sending an enemy flying away, though this may be a disadvantageous for those who wish to build up decent combo chains.
- : Two bashes and a punch. Has guard-breaking properties.
- , : An uppercut swing, sending the nearest enemy upwards.
- , , : Launches rapid kicks down to up and accompanies it with a rising uppercut.
- , , , : Performs a roundhouse kick, then an anticipated swing to the front.
- , , , , : A few heavy swings into the front arc, then jumps and performs a roundhouse kick.
- , , , , , : Does a spinning bash forward, then leaps up time to perform a frontal swipe.
- , , , , , : Executes multiple swipes in varying angles.
- Dashing : Releases an air wave to the front, then turns and sends out another.
- , : Sends an air wave downwards.
- Dash: Rolls forward while leaping in mid-air.
- Switch Attack: Sends forth two diagonal air waves. Can be used to follow-up strong attacks in Next.
- Switch Effect: User's attack speed temporarily increases when switched to this weapon.
- Storm Rush: Flails weapon around several times, repelling affected enemies by the end of the assault.
- Switch Counter: Somersaults back before unleashing two hits and a single kick.
- : Does a quick spin kick that stuns enemies.
- , : Lifts one end of the staff upwards, knocking enemies into the air.
- , , : Runs forward while twirling the staff to both sides twice before finishing with a spin kick. Dizzies opponents.
- , , , : Turns around, then quickly strikes twice horizontally.
- , , , , : Spins and jumps upward while striking horizontally with the staff, launching both foe and user into the air.
- , , , , , : Jumps while spinning, then strikes low while landing, sending out a large shockwave forward.
- , , , , , : A series of spinning and twirling strikes.
- Dashing : Does a quick low horizontal swing.
- , : By pressing twice, the user strikes diagonally upward four times in a row, then nosedives into the ground to trigger a small tremor.
- Dash: Spins around once while in the air.
- Switch Attack: A quick strike aimed diagonally downwards. Can also be performed while in the air. In Next, the attack has attack-canceling qualities though it cannot be used in mid-air combat anymore.
- Storm Rush: Swings staff in front of the enemy repeatedly before leaping up in time to strike at them.
- Switch Counter: Turns around backwards and attacks opponent with a few horizontal twirls.
The staff is based on Zhou Yu's moveset from Dynasty Warriors 6. It both covers a large area and is relatively fast, making it a good choice for clearing crowds. The staff also has surprisingly high attack power and is quite powerful against officers. The only disadvantages lie in the quirky hitboxes some attacks seem to have, particularly the fourth and fifth part of the attack string. It is not rare to miss enemies with these attacks because of the high position of the hitbox. It is therefore advised to fight enemies either on level or from lower ground.
- : Clangs both fists together to produce a small shockwave, breaking the enemy's guard.
- , : Grabs the nearest foe and tosses them into the air.
- , , : Grabs the nearest enemy, swings them around, then tosses them away.
- , , , : Holds onto the nearest enemy by the ankles, spins twice on the spot, then tosses them away.
- , , , , : Jumps onto the nearest enemy, and slams them to the ground with the help of the character's legs.
- , , , , , : Grabs the nearest foe, pounds them twice (once to the front and once to the back) on the ground (with each pound generating a shockwave), then tosses them out.
- , , , , , : Does four alternative hook punches, one minor ground smash, and a straight punch.
- Dashing : Grabs the nearest enemy by the shoulders, vaults over them, and slams the victim to the ground.
- , : Reaches down to grab a foe, somersaults in mid-air, and hurls them away.
- Switch Attack: Punches forward with both fists, sending forth an air wave. Can also be performed while airborne. Although the attack loses its aerial function in Next, it can be used to cancel non-grappling attacks.
- Storm Rush: Punches surrounding enemies repeatedly, ending the combo by thrusting both fists forward simultaneously.
- Switch Counter: Dodges attack before countering by forcefully pushing the enemy back.
The glove moveset has short range, but it boasts the most numerous grapple attacks among all weapons from C2 all the way to C6. Every one of these grapple attacks are, as with all grapples within this series, unblockable by any opponent. Therefore it is regarded as a very effective close-range weapon with moderate attack speed.
- : A swift roundhouse kick that pierces through the enemy's defense.
- , : Fires an arrow on the ground which explodes and launches nearby foes into the air.
- , , : Fires a directed paralyzing arrow at an opponent.
- , , , : Fires a barrage of arrows from left to right.
- , , , , : Jumps up and fires an exploding arrow to the ground.
- , , , , , : Shoots two volleys of arrows above the opponent and the player.
- , , , , , : Fires three arrows per shot, with the last hit knocking opponents away.
- Dashing : Slams the opponent with the bow.
- , : Jumps around while firing a row of arrows to the ground.
- Dash: Flips forward while jumping.
- Switch Attack: Backflips in midair and shoots in a frontal arc. Attack is always ice elemental regardless of the original weapon, though Next omits it in favor of canceling strong attacks at will.
- : Shoots an arrow upward, and it comes down as a fiery rain of arrows around the player.
- , , , , , : Fires exploding arrows from the left side of the horse.
- Storm Rush: Fires a volley of arrows continuously before releasing a more powerful shot towards the opponent.
- Switch Counter: Hops back and shoots at the enemy while sliding down on the floor.
The bow moveset incorporates many attacks from its previous incarnation and has a good range and moderate knockbacks. However, it renders the user immobile and most of its charge attacks are only moderately powerful. C6 is the most commonly suggested move.
- : Sends forth a beam of light across the ground, breaking the guard of any foe caught in it.
- , : Slams the ground once to create a small fiery shockwave.
- , , , (): Strikes the ground twice to create two fiery explosions. The first explosion stuns enemies, and the second one sends them flying.
- , , , : Sends forth several targeting projectiles that explode on contact.
- , , , , : Sends forth a short but wide beam of light.
- , , , , , : Raises weapon overhead and releases a semi-circular shockwave to the front, sending nearby opponents flying. Has fire elemental properties.
- , , , , , : Does a quick jab, four quick strikes, then raises rod to conjure a bolt of lightning.
- Dashing : Performs a forward flip while slamming rod against the ground, knocking nearby enemies into the air.
- , : A downward swipe done while leaping in the air.
- Dash: Rolls forward while leaping in the air.
- Switch Attack: Slams rod on the ground to produce a dozen orbs of light following the user and exploding shortly. In Next, the impact of the rod causes it to trigger a small explosion instead, causing fire damage and canceling attacks instantaneously.
- : Raises weapon overhead and sends a shockwave to each side.
- , , , , , : Swings to the left side six consecutive times.
- Storm Rush: Produces multiple geysers rising in different spots before sending out more to repel enemies away from the area.
- Switch Counter: Steps back and retaliates by conjuring an explosion in front of the user.
- : Conjures a quick unblockable whirlwind, leaving the enemy stunned for several seconds.
- , : Thrust fan upward, swinging the target upward along with it.
- , , : Throws fan outwards and low to the ground, stunning the target. Afterwards, the fan returns after spinning around the player, hitting more surrounding enemies.
- , , , : Causes the fan to travel around the user, knocking away nearby opponents.
- , , , , : Conjures a massive whirlwind, sending enemies as well as the player into the air.
- , , , , , : Stuns and grabs a foe with an unblockable attack while spinning around while showered in flower petals, then knocks them in the back of the head.
- , , , , , : Repeatedly swipes with the edge of fan in a dancing motion until the sixth hit knocks the target down.
- Dashing : Throws fan a short distance ahead of the user, knocking any enemy out of the way.
- , : A short swift attack aimed at an enemy on the ground.
- Dash: Turns around once while jumping.
- Switch Attack: Throws the fan a short distance away; it will spin in place to create a temporary whirlwind which will then juggle any opponent caught within it. Can be used in conjunction with the harp's attack string to produce traveling sound waves. In Next, a short-ranged air wave is hurled instead, though it can be used to cancel attacks.
- : Tosses fan downward to the right, where it spins on the ground from right to left before returning to the user.
- , , , , , : Does multiple quick swings to the right.
- Storm Rush: Flings weapon back and forth. At the end of the assault, the user jumps forward and does a round slash against the victim.
- Switch Counter: Flips back and performs an aerial somersault attack.
The iron fan moveset is one of the weaker movesets in the game, primarily due to the lack of range in its normal attack string and low weapon attack power. Charge attacks are mediocre at best. Nonetheless, it is an overall balanced moveset with one-on-one attacks (normal attacks, C2, and C6) as well as crowd clearing moves (C3, C4, and C5). Its most useful move is C5, which serves as both an area attack and an escape maneuver. Its C4 is also an excellent officer-killing attack when coupled with the lightning element and several offensive seals.
In Dynasty Warriors 8, the iron fan has been decreased in size while gaining a greater increase in attack speed. It now generates small blades of air around the fan when striking to increase weapon range.
Sword & ShieldEdit
- : Rams enemy with shield.
- , : An uppercut attack using the shield.
- , , : Does four overhead slashes that end with a shield ram.
- , , , : A shield uppercut followed by a diagonal sword slash.
- , , , , : Shield guards user's front as they propel themselves skywards.
- , , , , , : Throws shield into the air and does a strong horizontal slash with sword.
- , , , , , : Does two overhead slashes, a shield ram, and a diagonal slash followed by a rising shield bash. The final hit is a frontal stab that ejects a wave of energy forward.
- Dashing : Boomerangs the shield into the front arc.
- , : Dives from a considerable height and smashes shield unto the ground, colliding against nearby foes below.
- Dash: Flips around in mid-air while jumping.
- Switch Attack: If the user is switching to this weapon, the character will raise their shield. Using this weapon to switch causes the character to instead perform a quick shield bash forward. Next turns the move into an air wave attack traveling at close-range, also giving it the ability to cancel strong attacks (except for C5) at will.
- Switch Effect: Switching to and from this weapon temporarily increases the user's defense.
- : Throws shield to have it boomerang around horse.
- , , , , , : Inflicts a series of sword slashes to the right.
- Storm Rush: Inflicts numerous slashes back and forth before ramming target with shield.
- Switch Counter: Stands back momentarily before lunging forward.
- : A quick forward slash using all swords.
- , : An uppercut which sends the enemies flying.
- , , : Tries to stab an enemy with one sword. If the attack succeeds, the other swords immediately follow suit, resulting in major damage.
- , , , : Does a sideward slash from both left and right, using two swords for each side.
- , , , , : Jumps forward surrounded by all swords.
- , , , , , : Causes swords to charge forward, then while returning to the user, also hit any foe from the rear.
- , , , , , : A quick combo that ends with five lunges at the same time.
- Dashing : A quick diagonal slash.
- , : Nosedives on the ground with all swords surrounding the user.
- Dash: Spins in the air once.
- Switch Attack: Swords rotate while flying forward, slashing those nearby. In Next, the attack causes a large energy sword to rise from the ground, knocking foes off balance.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Causes swords to swing to the right while leaping.
- , : Previous air attack from seventh game.
- Storm Rush: Coordinates the swords to move in a slicing motion repeatedly before unleashing them forward.
- Switch Counter: Evades incoming attack by leaping back and aiming swords at the assailant.
- : Raises weapon upward to release a small shockwave.
- , : Does an ascending slash.
- , , , (), (): Two stronger slashes followed by a even stronger one to the front.
- , , , : An upward diagonal slash to the right that sends enemies flying.
- , , , , : Stabs the nearest enemy and juggles them momentarily. The user impales them again before slamming the victim to the floor.
- , , , , , : Does an upward diagonal slash to the right, followed by two pairs of criss-cross slashes to the front, and follows it up with a large radial shockwave.
- , , , , , : An attack that consists of six quick, single-handed slashes.
- Switch Attack: A mighty horizontal slash to the front. Can be fully charged to add a large shockwave. The attack loses its charge feature in Next, though it can be used to cancel non-grappling attacks instead.
- Switch Effect: Switching to this weapon temporarily raises the user's attack power and speed.
- : An anticipated swing to the right, then another one to the left.
- , , , , , : Does six strong swings to the right.
- Storm Rush: Unleashes several slashes continuously, finishing the attack with a fierce thrust.
- Switch Counter: Pauses momentarily before knocking away opponents with a single overhead swing.
The halberd moveset is loosely based on Lu Bu's movesets prior to Dynasty Warriors 6. It grants the user with a great range (since it is, unlike other polearms in the installment, used by only one hand) decent strength, and a combination of both good officer killing and crowd clearing moves. It is noted that when switched to this weapon, the character's strength and speed are temporarily increased to allow maximum proficiency of usage.
- : Raises both axes upward to create a small cyclone.
- , : Swings axes up in the air.
- , , : Stabs a single enemy with right-hand axe. If it connects, the user proceeds to impale the victim with the other axe, leaving them in a stunned state.
- , , , : Slashes both axes forward, sending a wave of energy.
- , , , , : Jumps in the air and slams the ground to produce a shockwave.
- , , , , , : Swings both axes greatly in a clockwise formation before repeating the process counterclockwise.
- , , , , , : A string of round frontal swings and spinning swipes.
- Dashing : Slashes at opponent while dashing forward.
- , : Swings both axes to the user's sides while in mid-air.
- Switch Attack: Slashes both axes at once to send out a large shockwave. Despite losing the shockwave effect in Next, it can be used to cancel strong attacks and is also affected by elemental orbs.
- Storm Rush: Performs alternating swings followed by a spinning slash at the end for good measure.
- Switch Counter: Dashes back before thrusting both weapons forward.
- : Drills the ground.
- , : An upward swing.
- , , : A polevault kick done clockwise.
- , , , : Runs forward with lance held forward, then skids to a stop with another thrust.
- , , , , : Holds lance near the ground, then performs a spin attack that knocks enemies high into the air.
- , , , , , : Drills upwards, then lightly jumps in time to slam weapon unto the opponent.
- , , , , , : Does two spins, a thrust, another full spin, and two drilling stabs.
- Dashing : Thrusts drilled lance at a considerable distance.
- , : Stabs the ground with enough impact.
- Switch Attack: Dashes forward while holding lance in one hand. Can be charged for a lengthier and more powerful effect. The attack loses its charge feature in Next, though it can be used to cancel attacks instead.
- Storm Rush: Lunges upward several times in a row, ending the attack with a round slash that momentarily produces a whirlwind.
- Switch Counter: Counters enemy attack by stepping back and thrusting lance forward.
The lance is the only moveset that allows the user to break an opponent's guard with just its square chain. Although slow, its moves can be used to build up decent combos while severely damaging foes in the process.
- : Does a short charge with both rods in front.
- , : Swings upward.
- , , : Does multiple jabs and strikes.
- , , , : Stabs both rods forward, launching forth a small whirlwind.
- , , , , : Pounds the ground with enough force to send out a mobile shockwave.
- , , , , , : Holds the nearest foe between both rods and jumps up while hurling them into the air. The user then pounds them upon landing, causing a shockwave to erupt on the ground.
- , , , , , : Six alternative strikes with the rods.
- Switch Attack: Slams the ground in front of the user. Can be used for cancelling attacks in Next.
- Storm Rush: Smacks enemies with a barrage of powerful swings, hurling them away with a multi-hitting thrust.
- Switch Counter: Hops back and counters with a quick cross swing.
- : Does a forward jab to break the opponent's guard.
- , : Launches enemies upward via uppercut.
- , , : A heavy horizontal slash to the front.
- , , , : Boomerangs axe forward.
- , , , , : Does a double overhead spinning slash into the front arc.
- , , , , , : Smashes the ground to produce a small shockwave.
- , , , , , : Delivers three diagonal slashes, two circular swipes, and an axe toss forward.
- Switch Attack: Throws axe forward, causing it to swirl a few times around the character. Can be charged for additional swirls. In Next, the move's charge feature is removed in exchange for the ability to cancel attacks instead.
- Switch Effect: When switched to this weapon, the user will automatically boomerang it with every normal attack for a limited period of time.
- Storm Rush: Swings fiercely back and forth repeatedly before throwing weapon forward like a boomerang.
- Switch Counter: Dodges enemy assault and attacks by performing a quick overhead swing.
- : Pulls sword from its sheath, then turns around to resheath it, stunning nearby opponents. Deals negligible damage.
- , : Knocks the enemy upward with sheath. Can follow up with a series of extremely quick slices by pressing again.
- , , : Turns once, swatting the enemy with sheath, then stabs them with it to stun them momentarily.
- , , , : Violently unsheathes the sword to knock back enemies in the front.
- , , , , : Steps forward while turning, and unsheathes sword for a diagonal vertical slash.
- , , , , , : Dashes forward while slicing once for five hits, then points sword towards the ground, knocking all nearby foes away.
- , , , , , : Unleashes a series of horizontal and diagonal slices.
- Dashing : Spins once while slashing with sword.
- , : Upon reaching the ground, the user swiftly delivers two consecutive horizontal slashes.
- Dash: Spins at a diagonal angle once while in the air.
- Switch Attack: Does a spin that releases multiple slash marks within the vicinity. Can be charged for more damage. In Next, the attack only produces one slash mark, but it can be utilized as an attack-canceling move.
- : Launches a focused left slash followed by a lighter strike to the right.
- , , , , , : Swings back and forth several times.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Twirls blade while descending and drives it unto the earth to cause a tremor.
- Storm Rush: Unleashes numerous slashes coming from different directions. The user ends the attack by dashing forward to repel all affected targets.
- Switch Counter: Backs away before repelling assailant with a sudden flash emitted from the user's weapon.
The curved sword moveset is based on Zhou Tai's movesets from Dynasty Warriors 5. It is extremely fast and comprises of crowd clearing attacks. It also suffers from a lack of pure strength, which is somewhat made up by its fast attack speed.
- : Spins elegantly to prepare a horizontal slash.
- , : Ducks low for a dual slash before following up with a leaping spin attack.
- , , : Delivers four quick scratches to the front before doing dual crouching slashes.
- , , , : A lunging dual slash.
- , , , , : User hurtles forward and spins their entire body upside down. While airborne, the user spins their body like a top for four circular slashes before landing with a crouching diagonal swipe.
- , , , , , : Does two quick crouching slashes followed by a butterfly kick. Lands with a diagonal slash.
- , , , , , : Begins the attack with three diagonal cuts using one claw at a time. The second part has the user spin into the air for two individual slashes before slicing horizontally with both claws to the front.
- Dashing : A quick slash from the left claw.
- , , , : Does two downward slashes from both claws followed by a somersault kick.
- Dash: Rolls forward in mid-air with both arms outstretched.
- Switch Attack: Lunges forward with both claws, creating a wave of air along the way. Can be used for cancelling attacks in Next.
- Switch Effect: If the user is switching into this weapon, they will perform the second part of the weapon's C2.
- : Clutches one end of the saddle and spins the user's entire body twice to the left.
- , , , , , : A series of alternating slashes done back and forth.
- Storm Rush: Claws at the enemy multiple times, leaping up afterwards to unleash an acrobatic strike.
- Switch Counter: Evades incoming attack via backflip and surprises opponent with a leaping cross hit.
The claw is essentially a modified version of Zhang He's moveset from Dynasty Warriors 6: Special. It is highly unpredictable and requires time to master. All of its attacks put more strength on the very last blow in the chain, and the highly unpredictables moves makes it very easy to lose a target in unskilled hands. However, its high speed and rate of attack can still be useful for combo building.
- : An uppercut with the right tonfa.
- , : Flings left tonfa upward, sending the target airborne.
- , , : A stronger strait jab with the right tonfa.
- , , , : A stronger left hook with one tonfa, then a right hook with the other.
- , , , , : Jumps and pounds the floor with both tonfas, causing a shockwave.
- , , , , , : Punches the nearest enemy. If it hits, a series of quick jabs with both tonfas is followed, and ends with a roundhouse kick.
- , , , , , : Five alternative strikes with both tonfas, ends with jab from the left one.
- Switch Attack: Launches a short multi-hitting jab, a minor ground slam, and a much larger smash. The multi-hitting strike is omitted in Next, though the attack is now capable of canceling attacks.
- Special Feature(s): All charge attacks and their effects are cancellable by pressing the button.
- : Swings both tonfas upward before raising right fist upward.
- , , , , , : Does several strikes to the right.
- Storm Rush: Beats opponents several times with one tonfa before using the other to inflict a multi-piercing thrust attack.
- Switch Counter: Takes a step back and counters with a short swing against the attacker.
Based on Sun Ce's Dynasty Warriors 5 moveset, the tonfas feature more variation in range and style of attacks. The weapon comes with a special effect that enables the user to cancel all strong attacks by tapping , making it an ideal tool for racking up combos. It also has fewer clear openings than the earlier tonfa moveset. However, it can be hard to learn to use effectively. Not recommended for beginners.
- : Does a spinning kick.
- , : Shoots an exploding bolt on the ground.
- , , , (): Does a spinning kick that dizzies the opponent. If is pressed twice, the user will shoot bolts to the front afterwards.
- , , , : Shoots a directed group of bolts to the front.
- , , , , : Shoots four groups of bolts respectively to the left and right side, then to the front and the back.
- , , , , , : Shoots an energy wave to the front.
- , , , , , : A series of six identical shots consisting of several bolts fired simultaneously.
- Dashing : Shoots a group of bolts to the front, paralyzing opponents.
- , : Shoots a small group of bolts to the ground.
- Switch Attack: Fires shot towards the ground, triggering a minor explosion. Can be used to cancel attacks in Next.
- : Shoots a large bolt to the right, then another one to the left.
- , , , , , : Shoots six groups of arrows consecutively to the right side.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Shoots a volley of bolts below a group of enemies. Will only fire if foes are present.
- Storm Rush: Fires a hail of bolts in front of the enemy continuously, before reloading weapon for one final shot.
- Switch Counter: Hops back and fires several bolts within the user's line of vision.
The crossbow moveset is highly immobile and vulnerable to crowds and rear attacks as much of the time the player stands in place shooting their weapon. Users of this weapon should avoid crowds whenever possible and utilize the fighting style's long ranged attacks. A secondary weapon with strong knockbacks would be good to use with this moveset to gain a comfortable shooting distance.
Starting in Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends, the crossbow is given a considerable upgrade. Strong attacks that require the user cock the crossbow after firing will create doubles of themselves; with these clones, the player will shoot three volleys of arrows with every attack until they dissipate.
- : A simple kick, does very little damage.
- , : Tosses one wheel upwards to launch the enemy, then throws the other to knock them away.
- , , : Throws both wheels out to the back, does a cartwheel while the wheels fly forward, then comes back to hit the opponent from behind.
- , , , : Throw both wheels out to rapidly circle self, knocking any foes close by.
- , , , , : Similar to the C4, except that the wheels spiral upward, launching enemies into the air.
- , , , , , :
- , , , , , : Inflicts a series of slashes with the wheels. The sixth hit throws both of them forward.
- Dashing : Quickly throw both wheels forward.
- , : Throw both wheels out to rapidly circle self on a diagonal orbit.
- Dash: Rolls around in the air once.
- Switch Attack: Throws the wheels a short distance away where they spin in place and slice any enemies nearby. The wheels do not spin as much in Next, though it can be used while performing strong attacks.
- : Causes wheels to circulate from behind the user.
- , , , , , : Throws weapons downward back and forth on different sides.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , , : Similar to its previous incarnation, but both wheels no longer loop around the user but travel forward instead.
- Storm Rush: Tosses weapons within a short distance one at a time followed by a dashing slash motion.
- Switch Counter: Performs a backflip and does an angular spinning slash towards the enemy.
The wheels are more or less balanced with the first three charge attacks focused on tackling a single opponent while C4 and C5 are good crowd clearers. Its only problem is its mediocre range which confines it to short or mid-ranged combat.
- : Slams whip unto the ground.
- , : Jumps at a low altitude and swings whip diagonally.
- , , : Makes several somersaults while whipping the opponent at an upright angle.
- , , , : Knocks opponents away by creating an energy wave on the ground.
- , , , , : Slides on the ground forward while swinging whip around oneself.
- , , , , , : Does a pirouette while emitting a petal whirlwind around the user, kicking nearby foes away.
- , , , , , : Makes two horizontal strikes to the left and right, a few more quick hits, and one sudden frontal strike to the left.
- Dashing : Does a long horizontal strike to knock enemies away.
- , : An aerial horizontal attack to the right.
- Dash: Flips forward while leaping in the air.
- Switch Attack: Kneels down and thrusts whip towards an opponent. If it connects, the target will be stunned and have their health drained by the user. The attack loses its life-draining function in Next, but it can be used to cancel specific strong attacks.
- : Flails whip from right to left while on horseback.
- , , , , , : Slams whip downward towards the right side.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Twirls around before touching the ground, attacking enemies with a spinning slash upon landing.
- Storm Rush: Whips foes several times, causing air currents to trail each swing. The user then strikes the ground at the end of the attack.
- Switch Counter: Spins back once to avoid an attack before spinning again to knock away foes.
This weapon is a good crowd clearer with its C4 to C6 combos and can easily be used for dueling with the C3 attack alone. However, the moveset largely leaves the player vulnerable to attacks from behind. The whip also sports a life-draining move which can be very useful in difficult battles when used against weaker enemies.
- : Steps forward in time for an uppercut.
- , : Lowers spinner downwards as it extends wire, cutting foes to the front before returning.
- , , : Performs a full circular spin with wire extended. Lets it spin its blades in front before recalling it.
- , , , : Leaping cartwheel that ends with horizontal swing.
- , , , , : Bashes nearby foes with weapon. Spins and unleash it from its wire for a underhanded swing.
- , , , , , : Five diagonal swings with wire extended. Extends spinner to the front for one final blow.
- , , , , , : Four horizontal swings with the spinner being recoiled each time. The user rolls forward whilst swinging the spinner around them horizontally. Finishes with a stronger horizontal swing.
- Dashing : Flails extended spinner to the front.
- , : Extends spinner downwards, causing the user to momentarily hover in the air.
- Dash: Rolls around in mid-air once.
- Switch Attack: A short-ranged swing which knocks any nearby enemies into the air. In Next, the attack is a tackle that staggers foes and cancels strong attacks.
- : Does an extended swing from left to right.
- , , , , , : Swings back and forth while extending spinner.
- Storm Rush: Flails weapon around in front of the opponent and causes it to mow on the earth after leaping once.
- Switch Counter: Turns away before retaliating by swinging spinner towards the enemy.
- : Fires a single shot upward, capable of breaking the enemy's guard.
- , : Lifts enemies up by swinging weapon heavily.
- , , : Fires a chain of shots to the front.
- , , , : Hits the front with an exploding effect.
- , , , , : Fires an explosive shot into the floor in front of user.
- , , , , , : Fires chained shots to the front, finishing the barrage with a bigger, exploding one.
- , , , , , : Does four hits followed by a roundhouse kick.
- Switch Attack: Launches an explosive projectile forward. Can be charged for a more powerful explosion. This move is given attack-canceling qualities in Next.
- Storm Rush: Strikes at the opponent multiple times before firing a shower of bullets to repel them.
- Switch Counter: Moves back and spins towards the enemy twice.
This moveset tends to use short-ranged attacks using the cannon as a blunt weapon with only a few moves utilizing long-ranged shots. It has several knockback attacks for both direct and indirect assaults, but it is slow and leaves the user's back vulnerable. Players should preemptively try to plan their attacks ahead while using this weapon.
- : Scribbles brush to the front before performing a quick high swing. Conjures three whirlpools of ink to levitate forward. Explodes with painted tigers if the user does not ignite them.
- , : Hops and scribbles with brush downwards, following up with a rising swing. Explodes orbs of ink nearby.
- , , : Scribbles brush to the left, right, and front of user before performing a strong horizontal swing. Conjures two whirlpools of ink to levitate forward which eventually explode into painted qilin if the user does not ignite them.
- , , , : A downward swipe. Detonates orbs of ink nearby.
- , , , , : Smashes brush into ground before scribbling the air to unleash two ink orbs forward. Explodes with painted fenghuang if the user does not ignite them.
- , , , , , : The users rotates in a circle and brushes the air, sending four whirlpools of ink forward. Explodes with painted dragons if the user does not ignite them.
- , , , , , : Does five diagonal swings to the front. Smears ink in front of user to create a painted dragon.
- Dashing : Holds brush back as user scribbles lightly, then swings to form a painted tiger.
- , : Swings weapon downward while in the air.
- Switch Attack: Brushes weapon to the right before unleashing a whirlpool of ink forward. It later emerges with a damaging dragon doodle. In Next, the attack is simply used to create more ink for the user to ignite and can also be used for cancelling attacks.
- : Two inked slashes to the left and right of saddle.
- , , , , , : Unleashes a series of downward swings to the right side.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Produces two ink balls that erupt into dark pillars decorated with tiger images.
- Storm Rush: Creates several tiger ink pillars to erupt from the ground continuously. The user completes the attack by shooting three ink balls that burst into qilin images.
- Switch Counter: Dashes back before attacking the enemy with an ink pillar made in the image of a dragon.
- : Creates a sound wave which dazes nearby opponents.
- , : Kicks opponent up in the air.
- , , : Creates a stronger sound wave which stuns nearby enemies.
- , , , : Slides forward creating a strong sound wave.
- , , , , : Emits a small tornado to launch enemies up into the air.
- , , , , , : Creates two sound waves followed by a sound wave-ball launched towards the opponent.
- , , , , , : Swats at the enemy twice, hits them with two roundhouse kicks, and releases two sound waves in a row.
- Dashing : Twirls flute before slowing down.
- , : Swings weapon while in mid-air.
- Dash: Rolls forward once while jumping in the air.
- Switch Attack: Emits a powerful sound wave to stun enemies close by. Afterwards, small orbs will constantly appear around the user and explode. Can be charged up to prolong the appearance of each orb and increase maximum damage. Next turns this attack into a traveling sound ball that staggers foes instead. It is also given attack-canceling qualities to make up for its narrow range.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Emits a small sound wave that juggles nearby enemies before ejecting them away via larger one. Also affects fallen foes.
- Storm Rush: Produces several geysers rising at random spots. The user completes the attack by releasing a large sound wave on the ground.
- Switch Counter: Counters the enemy by playing a tune that generates sound waves and random geysers.
- : Flips harp with both hands to produce a sound wave.
- , : Kicks the opponent into the air.
- , , : Conjures several small sound balls in front, followed by a bigger one paralyzing the opponent.
- , , , : Creates a sound wave which dashes enemies away.
- , , , , : Creates a sound wave to hurl enemies in the air.
- , , , , , : Sends forth a massive sound ball to the front.
- , , , , , : Shoots a series of six small sound balls that produce sound waves when touched by enemies.
- Dashing : Slides forward while creating a sound wave.
- , : Does a front flip before landing roughly on the ground, emitting an explosion of sound around the user.
- Dash: Turns around once in mid-air.
- Switch Attack: A powerful sound wave surrounds the player, dazing any opponents hit by it. Can be used for cancelling attacks in Next.
- : Shoots sound balls to the right and left.
- , , , , , : Plays harp to produce a damaging sound wave multiple times.
- Dynasty Warriors 8
- , : Strums harp to produce small sound waves traveling to the ground.
- , : Previous air attack from seventh game.
- Storm Rush: Conjures multiple energy geysers to sprout within the user's vicinity.
- Switch Counter: Turns back from an incoming attack and swats opponent away.
The harp moveset is strong at close range as players can easily juggle opponents. There is some slight lag time between attacks and can leave players vulnerable to back attacks. So long as players are not too heavily surrounded from behind, it is a decent moveset for crowd clearing nearby opponents. The moveset also incorporates some mobility and players can easily keep their distance and hit from afar.
|This article about a Koei game is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|