Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires|
|Genre:||Hack and slash|
|Game Modes:||Single Player, Multiplayer|
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires (真・三國無双7 Empires, Shin Sangoku Musou 7: Empires) is the Empires adaptation of Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends.
Pre-order bonuses include downloadable serial codes for Guo Jia, Guan Yinping, Date Masiamune, and Tenko edit parts. The Premium Box edition contains a sixteen track CD containing new music and 83 character cards. Demos for the title's Edit Mode and free co-op gameplay are available on PlayStation Network & Xbox Live platforms.
Like its predecessor, the overseas version only features Japanese voice tracks with subtitles despite it having been formerly announced that English voice acting would be included.
- Stratagems from Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires return with enhanced features. New grand-scale stratagems take longer to complete but can dramatically affect the flow of battle. Weather conditions and time can affect certain stratagems' proficiency and change a battlefield's appearance.
- Certain characters have DLC weapons as their EX Weapons. Players may also categorize weapons by type or faction ownership.
- Preset bases have levels to indicate their potency. Simple bases can be constructed anywhere on the map to provide auxiliary assistance.
- If players possess a high rank, they can order other generals.
- Rulers can set specific priorities to policies.
- Fame has been revamped to allow the selection of different play styles. It lost its visual GUI notices.
- The marriage system now enables couples to have children. Scenes dedicated to married couples have been expanded. Offspring inherit their parents' stats and genes.
- Players can keep and reuse their previous edit characters since the same edit features return in this title. They can also edit the appearance of their banner, soldiers, horses, and create scenarios to upload for online sessions. Other players can download them.
- Soldiers - Customizable features include body posture and appearance.
- Horses - Customizable features include hair color and size.
- Crossplay can be done between the PS3 and PS4 ports.
- Downloadable content consists of edit character parts, original costumes for the main roster, soundtracks from previous games and new scenarios/modes.
The entire Xtreme Legends cast returns with at least one new addition from the second most wanted character poll.
|Trophy||Name||Unlock Method||Trophy Type|
|Empires||Obtain all other trophies.||Platinum|
|Great Senior for Life||Obtain all titles.||Gold|
|Traveler of Many Lives||Complete every ways of life.||Gold|
|Chaos Conquered||Cleared any scenario under Chaos difficulty setting.||Gold|
|Wisdom Worth Ten Thousand||Defeat a total of more than 10,000 enemies using tactics.||Silver|
|Many Children||Bear more than 5 offsprings.||Silver|
|Comprehending Strategy||Use all tactic commands at least once.||Silver|
|Great Nation of Warriors||Recruit all unique playable characters as a ruler or mercenary leader.||Silver|
|Beyond Warriors||Defeat all unique playable characters using an edit officer.||Silver|
|Fully Prepared||Obtain more than 30 kinds of equipment.||Silver|
|Weapon Treasury||Purchase more than 100 kinds of weapons.||Silver|
|Wide-Ranging Life||Unlock all viewable events in the gallery.||Silver|
|Goal Achiever||Complete 4 or more merit goals in a single battle.||Bronze|
|Growing Trust||Improve relationship with a ruler by completing their request mission.||Bronze|
|Marshal Inauguration||Be promoted to marshal for the first time.||Bronze|
|Schemer||Use tactics more than 100 times.||Bronze|
|The Select Few||Win a battle with less troops than the opposing army.||Bronze|
|Novice Politician||Clear a political objective for the first time.||Bronze|
|Marital Vows||Marry an officer for the first time.||Bronze|
|Daredevil||Defeat an enemy officer in their territory alone.||Bronze|
|Familial Nation||Form a faction composed of only sworn siblings, spouse, and children.||Bronze|
|Starting Ambition||Raise a faction for the first time through flag-raising battles.||Bronze|
|Vessel of a Founding Kingdom||Become a ruler for the first time.||Bronze|
|First Request||Clear a request for the first time.||Bronze|
|Oath in the Peach Garden||Gain a sworn sibling for the first time.||Bronze|
|The Wind of Victory Blows||Help Zhuge Liang complete his southeast wind plan during the Battle of Chibi on the alliance side.||Bronze|
|Kind and Sincere||Maximize virtue rating.||Bronze|
|Natural Rebel||Use the betrayal command for the first time.||Bronze|
|Successor||Inherit the position of ruler for the first time via inheritance event.||Bronze|
|Love Affair||Give or receive a love confession for the first time.||Bronze|
|Exceptional Promotion||Be instantly recruited as a strategist or marshal.||Bronze|
|Beating in Single Blow||Win a battle while maintaining troop count above 90%.||Bronze|
|False Loyalty||Change faction allegiance for the first time.||Bronze|
|Bases Captured||Conquer more than 10 bases in a single battle.||Bronze|
|Dissident||Claim the position of ruler by staging a coup.||Bronze|
|Most Beautiful in the World||Receive love confessions from 3 or more characters during a single playthrough.||Bronze|
|Lack of Consideration||Deplete virtue rating.||Bronze|
|Grand Nation||Recruit 20 or more officers in own faction.||Bronze|
|Change in Weather||Use a weather-changing tactic for the first time.||Bronze|
|Strategist Inauguration||Be promoted to strategist for the first time.||Bronze|
|Birth of a Legitimate Child||Bear a child for the first time.||Bronze|
|Grand Stratagem Prevented||Stop an enemy's grand stratagem for the first time.||Bronze|
|Precious Gift||Receive a weapon or equipment as a gift for the first time.||Bronze|
|A New Hero||View any ending while playing as an edit officer.||Bronze|
|Self-Creation Gathering||Create at least one edit officer, soldier, horse, and banner for the first time.||Bronze|
|Proficient in Four Seasons||Win battles set in each of the four seasons.||Bronze|
|Architect||Build a facility for the first time.||Bronze|
|Construction Expert||Build 6 buildings of the same facility.||Bronze|
Differences between portsEdit
- The PS Vita version allows players to transfer their DLC and boasts Ad hoc multiplayer options. Raid Scenarios are being added to the online feature. It grants players the freedom to choose their loot if they successfully defeat a map of strong enemies.
- The PC version is a direct port of the game's PS3 version and does not contain the enhanced graphical improvements of the PS4 port.
A Twitter campaign to guess the new character addition was held June 5~16. Three accurate fans won a free copy of the game.
The game is scheduled to have a live broadcast demonstration September 20, 14:45 JST at Koei-Tecmo's Tokyo Game Show stage. It was one of the playable demos at Koei Tecmo's Tokyo Game Show 2014 booth.
Fans who have downloaded the edit trial can participate in a edit character contest throughout October and early November. Contestants are asked to create their interpretation of a person/character from history or Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Five winners will receive a copy of the game's complete guide and Dynasty Warriors 8 badges.
A collaboration campaign with Shin Sangoku Musou Blast was held from November 27th to December 3rd. The following characters from Blast appeared in Empires as edit officers: Xu Sheng, Xiahouji, Yan Yan, Zhugeshi, and Zoushi.
Shin Sangoku Musou 7 Duet Songs will include five character image duets with the five factions, character messages, and voice actor commentary from characters in this expansion. Purchase the first copies of the CD to receive a chance to redeem a possible ticket to the Shin Sangoku Musou Seiyuu Ranbu 2015 Summer voice actor event. Consumers who purchase the Deluxe Edition of the live event's DVD recording receive an additional photo book of the event and three character stickers.
Halloween themed character merchandise shall be up for sale at Tokyo Game Show 2015.
- Official North American site
- Official Japanese site, Official Twitter for edit character campaign
- Official European site
- PlayStation Japan comparison shots, Character introduction post
- Steam store link
This article is about a game that has not been released yet. Information may change rapidly.
|This article about a Koei game is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|