|Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires|
|Genre:||Hack and slash|
|Game Modes:||Single Player, Multiplayer|
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires (真・三國無双7 Empires, Shin Sangoku Musou 7: Empires) is the Empires adaptation of Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends.
Pre-order bonuses include downloadable serial codes for Guo Jia, Guan Yinping, Date Masiamune, and Tenko edit parts. The Premium Box edition contains a sixteen track CD containing new music and 83 character cards. Demos for the title's Edit Mode and free co-op gameplay are available on PlayStation Network & Xbox Live platforms.
Like its predecessor, the overseas version only features Japanese voice tracks with subtitles despite it having been formerly announced that English voice acting would be included.
- Stratagems from Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires return with enhanced features. New grand-scale stratagems take longer to complete but can dramatically affect the flow of battle. Weather conditions and time can affect certain stratagems' proficiency and change a battlefield's appearance.
- Certain characters have DLC weapons as their EX Weapons. Players may also categorize weapons by type or faction ownership.
- Preset bases have levels to indicate their potency. Simple bases can be constructed anywhere on the map to provide auxiliary assistance.
- If players possess a high rank, they can order other generals.
- Rulers can set specific priorities to policies.
- Fame has been revamped to allow the selection of different play styles. It lost its visual GUI notices.
- The marriage system now enables couples to have children. Scenes dedicated to married couples have been expanded. Offspring inherit their parents' stats and genes.
- Players can keep and reuse their previous edit characters since the same edit features return in this title. They can also edit the appearance of their banner, soldiers, horses, and create scenarios to upload for online sessions. Other players can download them.
- Soldiers - Customizable features include body posture and appearance.
- Horses - Customizable features include hair color and size.
- Crossplay can be done between the PS3 and PS4 ports.
- Downloadable content consists of edit character parts, original costumes for the main roster, soundtracks from previous games and new scenarios/modes.
The entire Xtreme Legends cast returns with at least one new addition from the second most wanted character poll.
|PS Icon||Xbox Icon||Name||Unlock Method||Type||Xbox Points|
|Completionist||Obtain all other trophies.||Platinum||90|
|Decorated Veteran||Obtain all titles.||Gold||80|
|Many Ways To Live||Complete all lifestyles.||Gold||70|
|King of Chaos||Cleared any scenario under Chaos difficulty setting.||Gold||70|
|Intellectual Victory||Defeat a total of more than 10,000 enemies using stratagems.||Silver||35|
|The Sound of Tiny Feet||Have at least 5 or more children.||Silver||35|
|Master of Strategy||Use all strategy commands at least once.||Silver||35|
|Ultimate Nation||Make all famous officers into subordinate officers.||Silver||35|
|Beyond Invincible||Defeat all famous officers using an edit character.||Silver||35|
|Battle Ready||Obtain more than 30 kinds of equipment.||Silver||35|
|Weapons Locker||Purchase more than 100 kinds of weapons.||Silver||35|
|Many Crossroads||View all of the events that can be watched in the gallery.||Silver||35|
|Goal Orientated Leader||Complete 4 or more battle objectives in a single battle.||Bronze||10|
|Building Trust||Improve relationship with a ruler by completing a quest.||Bronze||10|
|Appointed Marshal||Be promoted to marshal for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Unrivaled Strategist||Use at least 100 stratagems.||Bronze||10|
|The Elite Few||Win a battle with significantly less allied forces than enemy ones.||Bronze||10|
|Start of a Long Road||Clear a strategy objective for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Till Death Do Us Part||Marry an officer for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Brave and Bold||Defeat an enemy officer in their territory alone.||Bronze||10|
|Nepotism Rules||Form a faction composed of only sworn siblings, spouse, and children.||Bronze||10|
|Beginnings of Ambition||Raise the banner of own kingdom for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Prove Your Quality||Become a ruler for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|First Mission||Clear a mission for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Oath Beneath Peach Trees||Swear a sworn sibling oath for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Winds of Victory||Help Zhuge Liang complete his southeast wind strategy during the Battle of Chibi on the alliance side.||Bronze||20|
|Paragon of Good||Obtain virtue of "Saint."||Bronze||10|
|Aim For The Back||Use the betrayal command for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Successor||Inherit the position of ruler for the first time via inheritance event.||Bronze||10|
|Blossoming Love||Give or receive a love confession for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Jumping Ahead||Get recruited as a marshal or strategist from being a free officer.||Bronze||10|
|Crushing Victory||Win a battle while maintaining troop count above 90%.||Bronze||10|
|Doesn't Play Well With Others||Change faction allegiance for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Battlefield Controller||Conquer more than 10 bases in a single battle.||Bronze||10|
|Rebel||Claim the position of ruler by staging a coup.||Bronze||10|
|Age of Beauty||Receive love confessions from 3 or more characters during a single playthrough.||Bronze||10|
|Husk of Evil||Obtain virtue of "Pure Evil."||Bronze||10|
|Sizable Kingdom||Recruit 20 or more officers in own faction.||Bronze||10|
|Weather Master||Use a stratagem to change the weather.||Bronze||20|
|Appointed Strategist||Be promoted to strategist for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|The Next Generation||Have a child for the first time.||Bronze||20|
|Strategy Stopper||Stop an enemy's large scale stratagem for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|A Special Gift||Receive a weapon or item as a gift for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|A New Hero||View any ending while playing as an edit character.||Bronze||10|
|Collected Works||Create at least one edit character, soldier, horse, and banner for the first time.||Bronze||20|
|Well Seasoned||Fight and win a stage in spring, summer, fall, and winter.||Bronze||20|
|Architect||Build a facility for the first time.||Bronze||10|
|Construction Enthusiast||Build at least six of the same facility.||Bronze||10|
Differences between portsEdit
- The PS Vita version allows players to transfer their DLC and boasts Ad hoc multiplayer options. Raid Scenarios are being added to the online feature. It grants players the freedom to choose their loot if they successfully defeat a map of strong enemies.
- The PC version is a direct port of the game's PS3 version and does not contain the enhanced graphical improvements of the PS4 port.
A Twitter campaign to guess the new character addition was held June 5~16. Three accurate fans won a free copy of the game.
The game is scheduled to have a live broadcast demonstration September 20, 14:45 JST at Koei-Tecmo's Tokyo Game Show stage. It was one of the playable demos at Koei Tecmo's Tokyo Game Show 2014 booth.
Fans who have downloaded the edit trial can participate in a edit character contest throughout October and early November. Contestants are asked to create their interpretation of a person/character from history or Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Five winners will receive a copy of the game's complete guide and Dynasty Warriors 8 badges.
A collaboration campaign with Shin Sangoku Musou Blast was held from November 27th to December 3rd. The following characters from Blast appeared in Empires as edit officers: Xu Sheng, Xiahouji, Yan Yan, Zhugeshi, and Zoushi.
Shin Sangoku Musou 7 Duet Songs will include five character image duets with the five factions, character messages, and voice actor commentary from characters in this expansion. Purchase the first copies of the CD to receive a chance to redeem a possible ticket to the Shin Sangoku Musou Seiyuu Ranbu 2015 Summer voice actor event. Consumers who purchase the Deluxe Edition of the live event's DVD recording receive an additional photo book of the event and three character stickers.
Halloween themed character merchandise were up for sale at Tokyo Game Show 2015.
LINE stickers featuring the cast are now available for purchase. They are divided into three sets with each one containing 40 different sticker images.
- Official North American site
- Official Japanese site, Official Twitter for edit character campaign
- Official European site
- Official Japanese PlayStation site, PlayStation Japan comparison shots, Character introduction post
- Steam store link
- Official theatrical website, Official theatrical Twitter
|This article about a Koei game is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|