|Dynasty Warriors 9|
|Release Date:||: TBA|
|Genre:||Hack and slash|
Dynasty Warriors 9 (真・三國無双8, Shin Sangoku Musou 8) is the ninth main entry of the Dynasty Warriors series. It was first teased by Kou Shibusawa at 2016 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan and formally revealed during Koei's web program Koei-Tecmo Greatest Ever Line Up Special on December 17, 2016.
- Following in the footsteps of Toukiden 2, this game will be the first open world entry for the series. Players will be able to explore the full scope of the battlefield and visit nearby cities or towns. The map has over 10 unique cities where items and other services may be purchased.
- A day and night cycle similar to Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada is implemented.
- Weather changes in real time during battles and may hamper the enemy's awareness.
- Long-range bow attacks from earlier titles return, though the firing view is in third-person. Can be used to detonate oil cans from afar.
- Players can use grappling hooks to invade enemy castles or climb high mountains.
- The new state combo system changes the character's attacks depending on their position against surrounding enemies. It comprises of three sequential attacks.
- Trigger Attack - Initiates a combo by rendering an opponent vulnerable through stunning, juggling, etc.
- Flow Attack - Hits the target with an array of attacks based on their current state.
- Finish Attack - Finishes up the combo with a powerful attack.
- Story Mode will strictly follow historical events while putting emphasis on individual stories like in Dynasty Warriors 5. Clearing scenarios is necessary to upgrade existing features of the game.
- Sub-quests include hunting wild animals and fighting with foreign tribes.
- New modes of transportation have been added. While the swimming feature is back, players may opt to ride boats to reach distant areas faster.
- Characters will only be playable in their corresponding eras.
All 83 characters up to Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires will return for this title. Suzuki told fans not to expect too many new additions to that list. Known debut characters include:
This article is about a game that has not been released yet. Information may change rapidly.
|This Dynasty Warriors related article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|