|Farnese de Vandimion|
|Allegiance(s):|| Holy Iron Chain Knights|
162 cm (5'4")
48 kg (106 lbs)
|Voice Actor(s):|| |
Farnese de Vandimion (ファルネーゼ・ド・ヴァンディミオン, Farunēze do Vandimion) is a secondary protagonist in Berserk and a non-playable character in BERSERK and the Band of the Hawk.
She is the commander of the Holy Iron Chain Knights and the oldest child of the Vandimion family, making her Serpico's half-sister. With orders from the Holy See, she and her knights were ordered to capture Guts. Despite his efforts to elude the knights, he is exhausted and captures, then Farnese orders her knights to pull out. One night during his captivity, Guts takes Farnese hostage and breaks out of the war camp. Upon seeing the monsters as Guts saw, she tries to escape on a horse, but it is possessed by a demon that tries to molest her. Shortly after being saved by Guts from demon possession, Farnese still desired to kill the Black Swordsman.
Whilst escorting the Inquisitor Mozgus one day, she witnessed his horrific actions unfold such as demons frightening her in a dark room. Upon first seeing Casca, Farnese decides not to burn her at the stake. With the Holy Iron Chain Knights being massacred, Farnese decides to join with Guts. Farnese then becomes interested in magic upon meeting Schierke.
Farnese is fervent in her faith but does so blindly to fill the schisms in her heart. After joining Guts, she comes to sympathize with his group.
- "I truly am useless... I can't even gather the ingredients on my own..."
- "Thank you... Not being able to look after myself, I must truly be pitiful indeed..."
- "Monsters?! What should I do?.. On my own... I can't..."
- "I'm sorry if I have burdened you..."
- "Over and over, I reconfirm my own powerlessness. So much it makes me laugh..."
- "I can at least gather the firewood and keep the fire going..."
- "Casca is being attacked?! If I don't do something... Casca will...!"
- "It is all thanks to you. But I think I was able to regain some confidence in myself as well..."
- "Commencing cooperation!"
- "Is this truly possible for a human to acheive...?"
- "I can never become like that..."
- "For our faith, fight!"
- "I have become a burden again..."
- "I am sorry."
Using her rapier, Farnese is the only female combat NPC in the game capable of movement.