|Voice Actor(s):|| |
Gieve (ギーヴ) is a major character in The Heroic Legend of Arslan and a playable character in Arslan: The Warriors of Legend.
A wanderer at heart, he is a self-proclaimed devotee of beauty and lady-killer. By chance, he meets Farangis and follows her into Arslan's forces to woo her. His sheer ingenuity and skill with the bow and sword have saved Arslan and company countless times.
He has a character image song titled Koto no Ha Oto no Sora.
In the eyes of the military elite, Gieve is a ruffian who is painfully insubordinate and arrogant. He rarely keeps his wisecracks to himself, washes away infidelity with prideful, grandiloquent lies, and dispenses with formalities once it is convenient for him. Yet Gieve has never taken to authority well, especially if he believes the taskmasters are cruel. He harbors an avid thirst for freedom, an innate sense of virtue, and a sharp mind. Once he finds a cause which can hold his interest, the minstrel will fight to protect it with surprising courageousness.
As a womanizer, Gieve claims to only hold interest in exquisite beauties. To him, Farangis is the embodiment of his revered Goddess Ashi and worthy of his endless praise. He has a passing rivalry with Kubard in pursuing her attention. While he originally sided with Arslan as a convenience, the prince's naivety and abnormal mannerisms amuses him. Gieve gradually comes to believe Arslan to be a light of hope amongst the corruption common in the nobility.
- See also: Gieve/Quotes
|Keys:||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
- Power Weapon Art
- : Crouches and plays his oud, letting out a set of shockwaves surrounding him.
- , : Gieve jumps into the air spin slashing his sword.
- , , : Plays notes that summons two orbs of energy.
- , , , , : Plays a note that fires an energy ball, then dashes forward and does a jumping slash then fires another orb that attaches to enemies when struck.
- , , , , , : Gieve stabs the ground with his sword, then plays a note that launches a shockwave and three orbs of energy.
- , , , , , , : Fires three orbs of energy from his oud, then leaps at enemies slashing four times.
- , , , , , :
- Miasma Weapon Art
- , , , : leaps into the air and shoots a blue energy ball after playing a note.
- , , , , , : Plays notes while generating shockwaves and five slow-moving green orbs of energy.
- Water Weapon Art
- , , , : Plays a note that releases a shockwave, then slashes down two times, then up then does a slash to the right.
- , , , : Sends three balls of blue energy flying forward.
- Fusion Weapon Art