|Gilles de Rais|
|Unit Type:|| |
|Request Mission(s):|| |
The Search for the Just Right Wood
|Voice Actors:|| |
Jean-Michel Richaud (EN)
Takayuki Suzuki (JP)
|Real Name:|| |
Gilles de Montmorency-Laval
September 4, 1404
October 26, 1440
|Also known as "The Original Bluebeard".|
Gilles de Rais (ジル・ド・レ) is a formal title for the French nobleman, Gilles de Montmorency-Laval. Although he fought for the French royalty throughout the latter renewal of the Hundred Years' War, he is best known for fighting beside Joan of Arc. After the war, he earned an unsavory reputation due to accusations of demon worship and his professed murders in western France.
Role in GameEdit
Gilles de Rais is first seen accompanying La Hire in facing the English army. In reality, he schemes to have his partner do all the work while he claims the glory for himself. His plan goes awry when La Hire ignores orders in favor of saving their struggling allies.
Cunning and calculating, he likes to use people as pawns. Although a strategist of great renown, his tendency to speak ill of others makes him quite unpopular.
- "Do not impede my passage. Away with you."
- "Fool... Do you not know your place?"
- "Reinforcements... I thank you."
- "Humph... Well, you would appear to be of at least some use to me."
- "See that you do not get in my way, mercenary."
- "Now you understand how foolish you were to face me."
- "Impossible... How can this be!"
- "I will annihilate you all! Perhaps then you will learn the stupidity of your actions!"
- "Humph... This area is mine, all mine."
- "Destroy them. Every last one of them!"
- "How naive... Make them pay for their insolence!"
- "De Rais! Look upon the people's smiles! That is our greatest reward."
- "How pointless. We were supposed to be in Gascony earning fame and glory. Could smiling win us fame, I should smile the day long."
- "That would not work. So grim a countenance would surely crack under the strain. Ha ha ha ha!"
- ~~La Hire and Gilles de Rais
Gilles de Rais (real name is Gilles de Montmorency-Laval) was a French baron, Marshall of France, and a famous companion-in-arms of Joan of Arc. He fought alongside her in the lifting of the Siege of Orléans. When Joan was burnt at the stake, Gilles was not present. Some time after the end of the war, Gilles became interested in some occult research and soon was condemned as a heretic. During the Trial, Gilles confessed to the kidnapping, rape and murder of several children and was sentenced to death and was hanged. His body then was burned. Today the authenticity of Gilles de Rais' guilt is questioned by some researchers, since a lot of people who judged him however some profit from his death. However most believe Gilles was indeed Guilty of his crimes.
|The Hundred Years' War • Nightmare|
|Edward the Black Prince • King of England • Philippa • John Chandos • John Talbot • John Fastolf • Henry Percy • Hal • Richard Beauchamp • Iamarl • Branwyn|
|Joan of Arc • La Hire • Gilles de Rais • Philippe le Bon • Arthur de Richemont • Bertrand du Guesclin • King of France • Christine de Pizan • Jean de Metz • Marie • You Ji|
|Protagonist • John Hawkwood • Magnus • Marc and Georges • Karen • Diane • Naran • Yoshimasa • Shakti • William|
|Unit Types • Unit Types (Nightmare) • Inventory • Battles • Missions • Diabolus • Gladius Dux|