|First Appearance:||Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate|
|Real name:|| |
|Chinese/Japanese name:|| |
渾沌 - 浑沌
|Mythological figure or beast. Name alternatively spelled as 混沌.|
Hundun (onyomi: Konton) is a mythological Chinese figure long considered the source of all chaos. One of his bestial counterparts has a canine-like body with long hair with eyes that could see, but with ears that could not hear. It bites on its tail in a fetal position, repeatedly turning in a circle, seeming to smile as its face rolls toward the sky. A fickle and sometimes described as idiotic beast, it despises siding with good people, loves to be with those of evil. Either version of Hundun is considered one of the Four Fiends of Chinese mythology.
Before his playable Warriors Orochi persona, his name was used in Asian ports for a generic officer that shared Dodomeki's design. The English localization named him Hammerjaw, a type of jumping spider. His playable counterpart is designed by Akihiro Yamada. He is the final boss in Gauntlet Mode.
Haughty and arrogant, Hundun is a demon who seeks to destroy anyone attempting to bring order to the dimensional realm. He loathes the prospect of peace and relishes chaos.
All of his weapons' names are words commonly used to describe his general role in mythology as a never-ending source of chaos.
- Mahito Ōba - Japanese voice
- See also: Hundun/Quotes
- "Kyūbi, I find you to be most beautiful. I simply can't stop looking at you."
- "Perhaps when I'm disguised as a human, but looking like this, I can't help but think you are being insincere."
- "Why would you think that? I honestly like the way you look now."
- ~~Hundun and Kyūbi; Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
|Keys:||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
- , :
- , , :
- , , , : Sends two giant parallel red energy slashes to the front.
- , , , , : Uses his wings to launch himself airborne, ground implodes with the force of his wings and sends surrounding foes flying with him.
- , , , , , : Stomps the ground with his left leg creating a time warp that stuns enemies around him. Sends a giant crisscross long-ranged projectile to the front.
- , , , , , :
- R1: Causes Hundun to flap his wings and fly in the air for a short time.
- , R1: Hundun charges at the enemy while cloaking himself within miasma.
- : Launches a cloud of dark energy that bursts on the ground at close range.
- , , , , , : Swings weapons back and forth while riding horse.
- : Horse stampedes with a powerful aura.
Warriors Orochi 3 UltimateEdit
|Base Attack: 12|
|Compatibility Bonus: 7|
|Base Attack: 16|
|Compatibility Bonus: 11|
|Base Attack: 30|
|Compatibility Bonus: 14|
|Base Attack: 52|
|Compatibility Bonus: 18|
|Endless Chaos X|
|Base Attack: 99|
|Compatibility Bonus: 18|
|Base Attack: 90|
|Compatibility Bonus: 18|
Acquiring Mystic WeaponEdit
- Stage: Chapter 8 - Revenge of the Fox
- Requirements: Defeat Taigong Wang and 300 enemies in under 7 minutes.
Big Star WeaponsEdit
Hundun uses the following big star weapons in the game.
- Four Delicacies
- Four Chefs
Myths and legends involving Hundun vary greatly in terms of describing its origins, form, and purpose. Several Daoist texts refer to it more in abstract terms as a state of inner unrest rather than an actual being itself.
A famous parable from the Zhuangzi tells the story of Hundun who lived a content life at the center of the world until many rulers from the outside sought to give it facial features out of gratitude for its hospitality. They used chisels and drills to dig seven holes into its body (one for each day), which also correlated to the amount of orifices found on the human face. Unfortunately, it resulted in Hundun's death and the birth of order in the world. This tale is also a cautionary tale to prevent those from associating their true identity with their public appearance.
The Shenyijing depicts Hundun as a dog of divine origins that can't see, hear, walk, or digest food. It was said to have lived within Mt. Kunlun. The creature possessed a human intellect yet it preferred being in the company of corrupt men over those with virtue. On the other hand, the Shanhaijing describes it as a deity of song and dance with a yellow sack-like body. While it lacked eyes and a face, it had six feet and four wings instead.
|This Warriors Orochi related article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
|Warriors Orochi 2 • Z|
|Warriors Orochi 3 • Special • Hyper • Ultimate • 100man-nin|
|Orochi • Da Ji|
|Warriors Orochi 2|
|Taigong Wang • Sun Wukong • Fu Xi • Nuwa • Yoshitsune Minamoto • Kiyomori Taira • Himiko|
|Musou OROCHI Z|
|Dodomeki • Gyūki • Sanzang • Benkei|
|Warriors Orochi 3|
|Kaguya • Susano'o • Nezha • Shuten Dōji • Ryu Hayabusa • Ayane • Joan of Arc • Nemea • Achilles|
|Musou OROCHI 2 Special|
|Seimei Abe • Rachel|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper|
|Shennong • Momiji|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate|
|Tamamo • Yinglong • Kyūbi • Hundun • Kasumi • Sterkenburg Cranach • Sophitia Alexandra|
|Hydra • Heavenly Emperor|
|Shu • Wei • Wu • Samurai • Orochi • Mystics • Unaffiliated • Coalition|
|Series Game Elements|
|Power • Speed • Technique • Wonder • Weapon Fusion • Team Abilities • Team Combinations • Strategies • Personal Items • Treasure Guide • Musou Battlefields • Yashio'ori • Divine Mirror|