|Martial Art:||Hokuto Ryuken|
|First Appearance:||Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2|
Hyou (ヒョウ) is Kenshiro's biological elder brother and a descendant of the Hokuto ancestry bloodline. Even when Kenshiro was an infant, Hyou knew his brother would be the star of the Hokuto Shinken style. He therefore entrusted his brother to a younger Raoh and Toki, promising to one day teach Kenshiro the secrets of the Hokuto ancestors by learning the Hokuto Ryuken at Shura. During his training under Jukei, his mentor deemed Hyou's kindness to be an inhibition to his true potential. He therefore erased Hyou's memories with his techniques.
With no memory of his true past, Hyou joined Kaioh's quest to bring order to the land of Shuras. Taking the rank of "Second General", Hyou became known as a ruthless warrior but a benevolent ruler. After Kenshiro arrived in the land of Shuras, Jukei, who regretted his actions of the past, confronted Hyou in an attempt to restore his memories. He presses the pressure point, but it fails to take full effect - Kaioh had secretly manipulated Hyou's pressure points to block attempts to restore his memories. Declaring Jukei's actions to be a betrayal of Hokuto Ryuken, Hyou murders his master and remains loyal to Kaioh. However, the fragments of his true past begin to confuse him, leading Kaioh to seek a means to restore his hatred. To this end, Kaioh murders Sayaka and claims that Kenshiro is responsible, causing Hyou to be overcome with rage and seek vengeance on his brother. Kaioh planned this as a means to destroy the Hokuto Shinken line, the greatest threat against him - either Hyou will destroy the one man who could defeat Kaioh, or Kenshiro would destroy the only one who knows the ultimate technique of Hokuto Shinken.
As an enraged Hyo fights against Kenshiro, Shachi eventually finishes what Jyukei failed to do and Hyou's memories are restored. Reuniting with his younger brother, Hyou tells Kenshiro their ancestor's holy resting place which would entrust their art's greatest technique to him. Seeking to redeem himself, he then join forces with Bat to rescue Rin and oppose Kaioh. In the climax of Kenshiro's fight with Kaioh, Hyou cannot bring himself to deliver the final blow and instead forgives Kaioh for his heinous crimes, blaming his own weakness for everything that's happened. The two of them make peace and Hyou dies in Kaioh's arms. Kaioh then buries himself and Hyou in a geyser of lava.
- "Observe Hokuto Ryuken in its most perfect form!"
- "Witness the true essence of Hokuto Ryuken!"
- "My Hokuto Ryuken shall conquer this world!"
- "Nobody can strike my destructive points!"
- "I am Hyou of Hokuto Ryuken... Come and fight me."
- "Your eyes... They shine with true vitality."
- "Although your body may be huge, it does not change where your destructive points lie!"
- "Two brothers that act as one... If only I could do the same. Although I suppose Kaioh would laugh at me."
- "After seeing you crying when you left our country, I never expected you to become so strong."
- "So you are known for betraying people with your plots. I despite men like that. Prepare to die."
- "I do not feel any murderous intent within you. Why is that...?"
- "Your eyes are not those of a crazed wolf. They are full of the shine of life!"
- "I hear that the warriors of Gento Koken are full of pride. Let us face one another as proud practitioners of our respective arts."
- "I refuse to be humiliated by you anymore. Give me your best shot, Kaioh."
- "Raoh, this reminds me of our youth. But now, we are destined to fight."
- "Kenshiro, I want you to hold nothing back! I wish to see your innate abilities for myself!"
- "You're strong... Indeed, you are no ordinary warrior."
- "I cannot die until I have paid you back for this defeat."
- "Han, you may rest in peace. I shall be the one to avenge your death!"
- "I am a Shura. I cannot show fear by running away from a tank."
|Keys||Fast Attack •||Strong Attack •||Signature Move •||Jump|
- Raikyaku Doppo - Hyou dashes forward while attacking enemies with a straight punch.
- Togyoku Hekiso - Hyou lifts a ball of aura into the air, then crushes his fist, separating the ball into fireballs that can attack enemies.
- Dako Sotofu - Hyou does three punches embewed with aura then pushes his hands out like the Koretsu Ha, then blasts the opponent with a far explosion.
- Ryuura Kyoku Keisatsu - Hyou does some hand signs then shoots connecting beams at his opponent. When the beams join, they explode.
- Manju Maon Ken - Hyou thrusts his hands forward rapidly similar to his brothers Hyakuretsu Ken.
- Joma Kosho - Hyou gathers up then pushes his right arm outward, shooting a floor based wave of aura at his opponents, and possibly killing them.
- Maei Soukijin - Hyou surrounds himself in a devastating aura hurricane that can instantly kill enemies.
Hokuto Ryuken is a centuries old assassination technique that was devised during the Three Kingdoms era. It was originally made to protect Liu Bei, whereas the Hokuto Shinken once protected Cao Cao. Throughout the centuries, the martial art was led astray into the arts of darkness. While it is like its sibling martial arts in that they focus on meridian points, they differ in that Hokuto Ryuken delves in the 1109 Destruction Meridians of the body. Furthermore, users of the art can distort their fighting aura to oppress their competition, even capable of manipulating their opponent's movements. Non-fighters feel helpless against it, unable to move or even breathe against it. If needed, the aura can be projected to form a nigh impenetrable barrier around the fighter to defy his opponent's attacks.
In the game, Hyou is essentially an expy of Kenshiro in both fighting style and appearance like the original comic. Hisashi Koinuma remarked that it was troubling to devise attacks to differentiate them. Hyou's attacks generally make extensive use of his fighting aura, which he can release as damaging spheres or barriers. His Signature Moves involve rapid blows enhanced by his aura, allowing him to cut through groups of enemies while repositioning himself.
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage
|Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage • Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 • 100man-nin no Hokuto Musou|
|Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage|
|Kenshiro • Rei • Mamiya • Toki • Shin • Jagi • Thouzer • Raoh • Heart • Outlaw|
|Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2|
|Juda • Shew • Fudo • Juza • Ryuga • Bat • Rin • Ein • Falco • Shachi • Hyou • Kaioh • Amiba • Nameless Shura • Han|