158 cm (5'2")
|Weapon(s):|| Wakizashi (WO3)|
Mugen Tenshin (Tenjinmon style) Martial arts and Ninjutsu (MS)
|4th Weapon:|| |
|Mystic Weapon:|| |
|First Appearance:||Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate|
|Main protagonist from Tecmo's Dead or Alive series.|
Kasumi (かすみ) is an original character created by Team NINJA for the Dead or Alive series. She is a rogue kunoichi of her ninja village, having abandoned her home to pursue the personal vendetta of revenge. Although she achieved her goal, Kasumi fights to save the world from her murderous clones created by DOATEC while evading execution from her half-sister, Ayane.
Role in GamesEdit
Prior to Warriors Orochi 3, Kasumi was tracking down one of her clones, Alpha-152. She was dragged into a distortion of time-space and arrived in the dimensional realm.
While fending for herself at a Dead or Alive arena in Yan Province, she comes face to face with Ayane and her companions who had come to repel the demonic forces within the area. While hesitant to work alongside her half-sister, she is encouraged to fight alongside them when Nemea and Diaochan save her from a rear attack. After winning the battle, she decides to join the Coalition for the greater good.
- Kasumi's story:
Kasumi, Marie Rose and Honoka are all teleported into Prosslyn Castle (& Balmagyr), while wondering where they are the trio notice Setsuna being thrown down a set of stairs by none other than Lu Bu. Before Lu Bu strikes, Kasumi teleports in and saves Setsuna, defending him. Lu Bu challenges the three and Kasumi warns the other two that Lu Bu seems dangerous and they prepare to battle.
After the duel, Setsuna tells them of the Spring and how his world is crumbling. He also tells the trio how his cousins, Tamaki and Shiki, are usurpers and they should be dealt with, much to Marie Rose's surprise. Kasumi tells Setsuna that she does not trust him but is, however, willing to fight alongside him in order to get home. She further goes on to say that if he tries something, something may happen to him.
After gathering the Heroes, Kasumi and Setsuna go to battle with Shiki's forces. Kasumi (if the side-quests are successfully completed) will then infiltrate the enemy camp once a certain base is taken. When the battle is won, Shiki explains how only Tamaki can control the Spring which surprises Kasumi. Once Shiki leaves Kasumi asks Setsuna why he's fighting if he can't control the Spring, then Setsuna admits that he is not as strong as Tamaki but knows another way of becoming the King.
After the last battle, the other Heroes along with Kasumi become quite upset with Setsuna for not telling them everything. Setsuna tells them that no matter what he tells them, their goal remains the same. Kasumi says that she cannot fight alongside him in the manner that they are and Laegrinna boredly asks if the entire ordeal is over as she wants to get back to her home. Arnice laments how he should forge bonds with his allies, to which Setsuna presumes that the Heroes do not think of him as their comrade. Arnice then sadly comments on how it is he who doesn't think of them as comrades. After they leave, Setsuna is caught up in a ploy set by Shiki to which Laegrinna finds out about and casually tells Kasumi and Arnice. Kasumi and Arnice, completely shocked, go to save Setsuna and escape with him.
After defeating Ryu Hayabusa, they return to the Spring and Setsuna finally tells them the true reason why he's fighting. The theee (Kasumi, Arnice and Laegrinna) agree to help him.
- Other Stories:
Kasumi appears alongside Nobunyaga Oda, Laegrinna, Arnice and Marie Rose as Setsuna's main Heroes, meaning they cannot be obtained by any other clan. Kasumi actively participates in most of the battles unlike her Warriors Orochi 3 counterpart where she only appears in two Yan Province battles.
- Nobunyaga's Ending:
If completing the Untold Intentions battle (must be friends with Kasumi and Nobunyaga) and not befriending Laegrinna, you can choose to seize the world for yourself. As soon as Nobunyaga suggests the idea, Christophorus jumps at the idea and goes with it. Now, the player can choose to stay wih Setsuna or go with Nobunyaga. If you go with Nobunyaga, you will get access to a battle which gives the specified ending.
After defeating Tamaki and Shiki (presumably killing them), Setsuna is also defeated. Nobunyaga then holds Setsuna at gun point before getting bored, saying that an easily dominated world is boring. However Kasumi, Arnice and Christophorus quickly catch on that Nobunyaga was speeding up Setsuna's progress. The four of them begin to leave before Setsuna attempts to get the four of them to stay, to which Arnice remarks that a King shouldn't have traitors at his side. Kasumi also adds on that this was the decision they made before Christophorus tells Setsuna to "be nice" to his new friends. After all is said and done, Arnice wishes him luck as they walk away with Setsuna bowing to them.
For her reprisal in Warriors All-Stars Kuwashima took care to adapt to the complicated direction she was given for Kasumi. She was told to "sound younger" or "sound less cute" for her serious scenes.
A kind and honorable spirit, Kasumi is a compassionate young woman who tends to act before thinking. In spite of her skills as a kunoichi, she does not take any joy in fighting but can kill in cold blood should she deem it necessary. While she is friendly with Ryu, she and Ayane share a tense rivalry. Her sister's animosity for her has lessened in recent entries. In her first Warriors Orochi appearance, she also shares an affinity with Nemea, Diaochan, and Kunoichi.
Kasumi's weapons, when combining each of the first syllables, are a distinct reference to the Mugen Tenshin clan. Her fourth weapon is also meant to invoke the imagery of cherry blossoms scattering about. In the language of flowers, cherry blossoms often embody the concept of transience in all its forms including the cycle of life and death. This is a nod to Kasumi's status as a fugitive on the run as well as her affinity with the flower itself.
- Houko Kuwashima - Japanese voice
- See also: Kasumi/Quotes
- "I do not mind this world... I can talk to you, just like old times."
- "Hmph. You're as sappy as ever I see. Don't forget, the only reason..."
- "You let me live is to get back home, I know. However, for just now, let me be your sister once more."
- ~~Kasumi and Ayane; Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
- "Some battles cannot be avoided…"
- "~~Kasumi; Warriors All-Stars"
- "You're a runaway ninja. That means you're constantly being chased, right? If so, you should come to my place. It's completely isolated from the world."
"I appreciate the offer, Darius. However, I must face my destiny head on."
"Hehe… You're tough. You remind me of someone I left back home. Daring and strong, yet innocent at the same time…"
"I can tell from your face that this person is important to you. The kindness and lonliness are plain to see."
"I'm not sure… No, I suppose you're right."
"Hehe… Let's work together to try and get you home to this person as soon as possible."
- ~~"Darius and Kasumi - Companion Friendship Event; Warriors All-Stars"
|Keys:||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
- Ground Moveset
- , (), (): performs a series of slashes while teleporting around enemies.
- , , (), (): Sends opponents flying into the air, jumping up after them, then performing a series of slashes while they're air born.
- , , , (), (): Performs a series of slashes, then performs a powerful slash while jumping up into the air, then slamming her sword into the ground.
- , , , Tap : Performs a simple, yet powerful, slash that sends enemies flying.
- , , , Hold till Wind Flash: Performs two simple slashes once to the left, then to the right.
- , , , Hold till Flame Swirl: Performs two simple slashes once to the left, then to the right, then performs an rising sword strike that generates a tornado that juggles enemies a few moments before sending them flying.
- , , , , : Grapples an enemy with her sword, then performs a powerful kicking attack to knock them into the air, and as they fall, performs a powerful upward strike to the airborn enemy.
- , , , , , , , :
- , R1: Stomps on top of an enemy repeatedly, then launches them into the air via somersault.
- : Dashes about at high speeds, slashing at opponents within her path.
- (True): Charges pink and black energy into her right hand, then thrusts it forward creating a beam of energy. Damages enemies directly in front of her by long range, as well as those in all sides at mid range.
- Horse Moveset
- : Horse rears on hind legs before smashing the ground with their front hoofs. If the horse is sprinting, it will perform a long jump instead.
- , :
- , , :
- , , , :
- : Horse stampedes with a powerful aura.
Some of Kasumi's abilities and skills are references to the ones she has in the Ninja Gaiden series.
- The Finisher of her True Musou sequence is her "Art of Rending Wind" Ninpo skill from Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.
- , , , , , : Kasumi punches the enemy twice, then a kick to the left, pounce to the ground forward, then a turn kick to the right.
- : Kasumi swings her arm up left, double kicks, then stamps on the enemy.
- , , (), (), (): Kasumi kicks upward, then fly through them. She then kicks twice and stamps on them.
- , , , (), (), (): Kasumi turns and kicks, then kicks again. She then stamps on them.
- , , , , (), (), (): Kasumi smacks the enemy and proceeds to kick them. She then kicks through them and then stamps on them.
- , , , , , (), (), (): She kicks forward then down. She then kicks twice, stamps on them and fly through them.
- , , , , , , (), (), (): Kasumi punches the enemy, then summons clones to go through the enemy in a left-to-right formation.
- Dashing + : Kasumi swings her arm right and can continue running.
- Dashing + : Kasumi swings her arm right.
- Jump + : Kasumi repeatedly stomps on the enemy.
- Jump + : Kasumi swipes left.
- : Kasumi performs her "Art of Rending Wind" Ninpo.
- Hero Skill
- True Sakura Matoi: temporarily boosts hit counter. Restores Heart Break ailment.
- Awakened Skill
- Combined Skill
Warriors Orochi 3 UltimateEdit
|Base Attack: 6|
|Compatibility Bonus: 7|
|Base Attack: 9|
|Compatibility Bonus: 11|
|Base Attack: 14|
|Compatibility Bonus: 14|
|Base Attack: 25|
|Compatibility Bonus: 18|
|Sakura Moon X|
|Base Attack: 60|
|Compatibility Bonus: 18|
|Base Attack: 55|
|Compatibility Bonus: 18|
Acquiring Mystic WeaponEdit
- Stage: Chapter 2 - Battle of Yan Province
- Requirements: Conquer the southwestern base by defeating Spinyback and Diamondback in under 5 minutes.
Big Star WeaponsEdit
Kasumi uses the following big star weapons in the game.
- King's Rapier
- Areus's Sword
- Amethyst Sword
- Radiant Sword
- Lord of Hell
- Dandyman (DLC)
- Patrician Sword (DLC)
|This Warriors Orochi related article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
|Warriors Orochi 2 • Z|
|Warriors Orochi 3 • Special • Hyper • Ultimate • 100man-nin|
|Orochi • Da Ji|
|Warriors Orochi 2|
|Taigong Wang • Sun Wukong • Fu Xi • Nuwa • Yoshitsune Minamoto • Kiyomori Taira • Himiko|
|Musou OROCHI Z|
|Dodomeki • Gyūki • Sanzang • Benkei|
|Warriors Orochi 3|
|Kaguya • Susano'o • Nezha • Shuten Dōji • Ryu Hayabusa • Ayane • Joan of Arc • Nemea • Achilles|
|Musou OROCHI 2 Special|
|Seimei Abe • Rachel|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper|
|Shennong • Momiji|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate|
|Tamamo • Yinglong • Kyūbi • Hundun • Kasumi • Sterkenburg Cranach • Sophitia Alexandra|
|Hydra • Heavenly Emperor|
|Shu • Wei • Wu • Samurai • Orochi • Mystics • Unaffiliated • Coalition|
|Series Game Elements|
|Power • Speed • Technique • Wonder • Weapon Fusion • Team Abilities • Team Combinations • Strategies • Personal Items • Treasure Guide • Musou Battlefields • Yashio'ori • Divine Mirror|