|Weapon(s):||Celestial robe and tails|
|First Appearance:||Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate|
|Real name:|| |
|Chinese/Japanese name:|| |
|East Asian mythological beast.|
Kyūbi (九尾の狐, Kyūbi no Kitsune: literally "Nine-tailed Fox") is a mythological beast whose myths originated from China and spread to other parts of East Asia. Ancient Chinese texts state that it is a malevolent specter of mischief and trickery with a maddening craving for human flesh. Yet later generations of folklore may instead state that it is a divine guardian for various deities. This fox spirit remains morally ambiguous in East Asian folklore, generally accepted as a magical being that can change its allegiances at any time. Two examples of these foxes are Daji and Tamamo.
Her Warriors Orochi counterpart is designed by Akihiro Yamada. She is unlocked by completing the final battle nine times to earn her tails and by clearing one of the side scenarios involving Tamamo, Seimei, and Sun Wukong.
Role in GameEdit
A malevolent being who thrives from conflict, Kyūbi originally waged war against the Mystics at Yamatai. She disguised herself as Tamamo to discreetly spread discord wherever she went, even using her own tails to create doppelgangers of the humans for that purpose. When the heroes expose the fox demon's true form, she is forced to flee from one area to another before being cornered at Odawara Castle. She is defeated by her pursuers and sealed within the Divine Mirror.
While inside the mirror world, the vixen attempts to ease her boredom by personally crushing the reflections of her enemies. Having befriended some of these imitations, she eventually forms an army large enough for her to attack the parallel mystic realm. Venting her rage against the replica Mystics allows Kyūbi to gain satisfaction during her confinement.
The majority of her four basic weapons continue the flower naming motif from her other counterpart. The first two names reference the mythological beast in some manner. Her first weapon is named after peach blossoms as a reference to China, while her second "exposing pine" is a roundabout method of saying that Kyūbi no Kitsune is often considered one of the Three Evil Spirits in Japan.
The other two weapons have flowers which symbolize contradiction. Her third weapon names two flowers simultaneously: the Japanese wisteria and Japanese camellia. Wisterias can represent euphoria, but camellias can be interpreted to mean an unclean death. The buttercup is the namesake for her fourth weapon and it has two meanings within the Japanese flower language. It can represent glory, honor, a child's innocence, or long-awaited arrivals based on interpretations from modern culture. Alternatively, the buttercup can viewed as a flower which disparages others from trying to succeed. A famous tale tying into this negative version is Minamoto no Yoshinaka's demise. He was reportedly killed by his cousin's troops within a field of these flowers.
- Yuka Komatsu - Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
|Keys:||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
- , (), (): Lights up a row of blue flames on the tips of her tails that go after a single enemy.
- , , (), (): Transforms her tails into spears thrusting out of the ground to send enemies airborn, then slashes them with her tails transformed into swords.
- , , , (), (): Grabs a single enemy with her tails, slams them on the ground twice and finishes by throwing them away.
- , , , , (), (): Strikes twice with her lower row of tails, then floats forwards while having her tails whirling around her, juggling enemies that get caught.
- , , , , : Lights up a row of blue flames on the tips of her tails and sends them forward, lifting enemies caught by the flames upwards.
- , , , , , , , : Strikes downward with the top row of her tails, twice with the bottom row, then strikes forward rapidly several times with four tails and finishes by striking outward with elongated tails.
- Dashing : Strikes forward with elongated tails.
- , : Strikes downward with three tails on the right.
- , : Sends small whirlwinds flying from her tails.
- R1: Transforms three of her tails in replicas of the characters accompanying her for a short time.
- , R1: Engulfs herself in a blue aura for a short time.
- : Transforms her tails into a large scythe and slashes through the rows of enemies.
- (True): Performs the same motion and finishes with a swirl of blue flames around her.
- : Horse rears on hind legs before smashing the ground with their front hoofs. If the horse is sprinting, it will perform a long jump instead.
- , : Strikes upward with three of her tails.
- , , : Slams three of her tails into the ground.
- , , , : Elongates her tails and strikes in a circle-motion around herself.
- : Horse stampedes with a powerful aura.
Warriors Orochi 3 UltimateEdit
|Peach Sash (桃菊羽衣)|
|Misty Sash (露松羽衣)|
|Camellia Sash (藤椿羽衣)|
|Buttercup Sash (金鳳花羽衣)|
|Buttercup Sash X (真・金鳳花羽衣)|
|Mystic Jade (仙女の羽衣)|
Acquiring Mystic WeaponEdit
- Chapter 8: Disturbance in Liang Province - Defeat Zhang Jiao and 500 enemies in under 5 minutes.
- Chapter 8: Revenge of the Fox - Defeat Sun Wukong and Seimei Abe in under 7 minutes.
Big Star WeaponsEdit
Kyūbi uses the following big star weapons in the game.
- Beryl Sash
- Cardinal Sash
East Asian FolkloreEdit
|This Warriors Orochi related article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
|Warriors Orochi 2 • Z|
|Warriors Orochi 3 • Special • Hyper • Ultimate • 100man-nin|
|Orochi • Da Ji|
|Warriors Orochi 2|
|Taigong Wang • Sun Wukong • Fu Xi • Nuwa • Yoshitsune Minamoto • Kiyomori Taira • Himiko|
|Musou OROCHI Z|
|Dodomeki • Gyūki • Sanzang • Benkei|
|Warriors Orochi 3|
|Kaguya • Susano'o • Nezha • Shuten Dōji • Ryu Hayabusa • Ayane • Joan of Arc • Nemea • Achilles|
|Musou OROCHI 2 Special|
|Seimei Abe • Rachel|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper|
|Shennong • Momiji|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate|
|Tamamo • Yinglong • Kyūbi • Hundun • Kasumi • Sterkenburg Cranach • Sophitia Alexandra|
|Hydra • Heavenly Emperor|
|Shu • Wei • Wu • Samurai • Orochi • Mystics • Unaffiliated • Coalition|
|Series Game Elements|
|Power • Speed • Technique • Wonder • Weapon Fusion • Team Abilities • Team Combinations • Strategies • Personal Items • Treasure Guide • Musou Battlefields • Yashio'ori • Divine Mirror|