161 cm (5'3")
|Weapon(s):||Heavenly Dragon Naginata and Heavensong Bow|
|4th Weapon:|| |
Divine Dragon Naginata
|First Appearance:||Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper|
|Character from Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden series.|
Momiji (紅葉) is an original character created by Team NINJA for the Ninja Gaiden series. She is the Dragon Priestess who guards the Eye of the Dragon, a relic which can strengthen the Dragon Sword. For the sake of her duty, she trained under Ryu and protects the Hayabusa clan in his absence.
Role in GamesEdit
In the PlayStation 3 port of Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, she appears in town and asks for assistance in slaying monsters who are following her. She will then present the player a series of quests to defeat said monsters. She then rewards them with her naginata upon completion.
While guarding her post, Momiji, along with the entirety of the Hayabusa Village, are sucked into a mysterious distortion and arrive within the dimensional realm. While the coalition investigates the seemingly defended Wan Castle, the officers in charge begin to unwillingly attack them. Momiji intervenes by dispelling Sun Wukong's sorcery, bringing them back to normal. She later joins forces with the coalition to resume her war against evil.
During her training Momiji has deep-seated regrets over the violent death of her elder sister, Kureha. She believes she is too inept to follow in her sister's footsteps as priestess. Her anxieties are put to rest when she reconciles with Kureha's spirit, and Momiji renews her vigor for her ancestral duties. The fair-hearted priestess is a gentle, nurturing protector of her village, especially its children. Enamored with his convictions, Momiji shares Ryu's perceptions of virtue and justice, only resorting to violence against her clan's enemies.
- Yuuko Minaguchi - Japanese voice
- See also: Momiji/Quotes
- "Seeing you out there, giving it your all, Himiko... you're just like Sanji. I can't help but want to protect you."
- "Who's Sanji? A little kid, I suppose?"
- "Yes, he's a child, but also a fine Dragon Ninja. I do miss the people of my village... I'm sure they must be worried about me."
- ~~Momiji and Himiko; Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
|Keys:||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
- , (), (): Fires a single arrow surrounded by energy, then jumps into the air and fires two more shots, causing the ground to release chunks of earth each time the arrows hit the ground.
- , , (), (): Knocks opponents into the sky, leaps up in time to perform a spinning slash, then uses own body weight to slam enemies into the ground with weapon.
- , , , (), (): Performs a powerful thrust with naginata, followed by another, then finishes it with a powerful swing to the right side.
- , , , , (), (): Performs a series of horizontal spinning slashes, jumping with each slash.
- , , , , : Jumps up and spins in place while hovering in the air, ending the attack with a single powerful slash which sends opponents flying.
- , , , , , , , :
- , : Fires three arrows.
- , : Slams the blunt end of naginata into the ground causing chunks of earth to erupt upon impact.
- Dashing : Performs a powerful upward slash to the right.
- R1: Pulls out bow and fires three volleys of arrows. Shoots up to five arrows the first time, seven during the second part, then nine for the final sequence.
- , R1 (Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate only): Causes multiple fireballs to spin around Momiji once before scattering on the ground.
- : Squats down and holds out naginata before performing a series of spinning slashes.
- (True): Finishes Musou sequence by surrounding self in a golden aura, summoning three large fireballs that explode around all sides.
- : Horse rears on hind legs before smashing the ground with their front hoofs. If the horse is sprinting, it will perform a long jump instead.
- , :
- , , :
- , , , :
- , , , , , , , :
- : Horse stampedes with a powerful aura.
Some of Momiji's abilities and skills are references to the ones she has in the Ninja Gaiden series.
- The part of her C2 that involves knocking the enemies down to the ground is her Izuna Falcon skill from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, which is a modified version of Ryus signature Izuna Drop technique.
- Her Special Skill, as well as her C1 and jump attack, is her Heaven Song Bow, her secondary weapon from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
- The Finisher of her True Musou sequence is the "Art of the Crimson Lotus" Ninpo skill from Ninja Gaiden 2.
Warriors Orochi 3Edit
Big Star WeaponsEdit
Momiji uses the following big star weapons in the game.
- Ether Piercer
- Savage Trident
- Dragon Slayer
- Draconian Might
- Virtuous Agony
- Dragon's Maw
- Merciless Might
- Bug Catcher (DLC)
- Clean Sweeper (DLC)
- Moptop (DLC)
Warriors Orochi 3 UltimateEdit
|Divine Dragon Naginata X (真・神龍薙刀)|
|Mystic Naginata (仙龍薙刀)|
Acquiring Mystic WeaponEdit
- Chapter 2: Battle of Liaodong - Defeat 1,000 enemies in under 10 minutes.
- Chapter 3: Battle of Wan Castle - Defeat 1,000 enemies in under 11 minutes.
|This Warriors Orochi related article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
|Warriors Orochi 2 • Z|
|Warriors Orochi 3 • Special • Hyper • Ultimate • 100man-nin|
|Orochi • Da Ji|
|Warriors Orochi 2|
|Taigong Wang • Sun Wukong • Fu Xi • Nuwa • Yoshitsune Minamoto • Kiyomori Taira • Himiko|
|Musou OROCHI Z|
|Dodomeki • Gyūki • Sanzang • Benkei|
|Warriors Orochi 3|
|Kaguya • Susano'o • Nezha • Shuten Dōji • Ryu Hayabusa • Ayane • Joan of Arc • Nemea • Achilles|
|Musou OROCHI 2 Special|
|Seimei Abe • Rachel|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper|
|Shennong • Momiji|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate|
|Tamamo • Yinglong • Kyūbi • Hundun • Kasumi • Sterkenburg Cranach • Sophitia Alexandra|
|Hydra • Heavenly Emperor|
|Shu • Wei • Wu • Samurai • Orochi • Mystics • Unaffiliated • Coalition|
|Series Game Elements|
|Power • Speed • Technique • Wonder • Weapon Fusion • Team Abilities • Team Combinations • Strategies • Personal Items • Treasure Guide • Musou Battlefields • Yashio'ori • Divine Mirror|