|Monkey D. Garp|
|Allegiance(s):||World Government Marines|
His fists and cannonballs
|Voice Actors:|| |
|Playable starting by the second title.|
Monkey D. Garp is a Marine vice admiral in the One Piece series. He is Luffy's grandfather and Ace's adoptive grandfather. After the war, he became the vice admiral who trains new Marine recruits such as Coby. Garp is one of the major active figures, along with Sengoku, Shiki, and Whitebeard, who saw the "King of the Pirates" when he was alive.
In the third game, he can be unlocked by defeating him in Dream Log mode.
Role in GamesEdit
In One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, Garp hunts down his grandson who is holding possession of the Frenzy Dial. Later, Garp finds himself fighting his fellow marines being brainwashed by the Frenzy Dials and Luffy's Coalition saves. After Whitebeard's death (or rescue depending on the scenario), Garp seeks to gain Akainu's alliance for Luffy.
See also: Monkey D. Garp/Quotes
|Keys||Normal Attack •||Ranged Attack •||Special Technique •||Evade|
- , , , , : Swings to the left with his right fist, then to the right with his left fist. He repeats this motion, ending with a final 5th downward swing.
- , , , : Garp grabs one enemy and then throws him/her up, then jumps and grabs him/her again in midair and throws him/her down. He then comes down and grabs the enemy again, tumbling forward along the ground in somersault fashion. He finishes by throwing the enemy forward with a tomoe nage (Judo move).
- , , , , : Garp swiftly dashes forward with a punch, then releases a flurry of rapid-style punches. He then reaches out and grabs a single enemy, then swings them around while generating a mini-tornado before releasing them, sending them flying.
- , , , : Grabs one enemy, then charges forward like a football player, using the enemy as a shield. He finishes by throwing the enemy forward.
- , , , , : He repeatedly pummels a group of enemies while hidden by a large cartoony fight cloud, generated by smoke and dust.
- , , : Grabs a single enemy, does a German suplex, then holds the enemy by his legs and swings them around and around, generating a cyclone around himself, before finally releasing the enemy.
- , , , : Grabs a single enemy and raises them up by the collar with his right hand. He then proceeds to headbutt the enemy continuously before punching him/her away.
- , , , , : Leaps into the air and does a wrestling backbreaker move. Then slams the enemy onto the ground with a body slam. Then leaps into the air again and does a final body slam.
- + Special Ability Gauge Lvl. 1: "Fist of Love": Garp breathes some hot air onto his right fist, as if preparing for a beatdown. He then swings his fist down, accompanied by a larger phantom replica of his fist coming down onto enemies in front of him.
- + Special Ability Gauge Lvl. 2: "Super Oversized Iron Ball": An overly large cannonball lands on Garp as he catches it and lifts it with his arms. He then throws it forward, where it detonates on the ground causing a nuclear-like explosion.
- R1 Special Skill:"Meteorite Fist": Garp throws forward a cannonball with his right arm. The cannonball detonates on impact. This can be charged by holding down the R1 button for 2 seconds, signified by Garp's hand glowing brightly. The charged version has him throwing 6 cannonballs rapidly.
Garp is a very physical fighter and does not rely on the powers of a Devil Fruit. Most of his moves are command grabs and grapples, which require an enemy to be grabbed in order to execute the full finisher. His crowd control ability is average, but he excels in single-target damage due to the many grapple moves he has at his command. His Special Attacks are the best for dealing crowd damage, while his normal moveset is for mainly for duels.
One Piece: Pirate Warriors
|One Piece: Pirate Warriors • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3|
|One Piece: Pirate Warriors|
|Monkey D. Luffy • Roronoa Zoro • Nami • Usopp • Sanji • Tony Tony Chopper • Nico Robin • Franky • Brook • Whitebeard • Portgas D. Ace • Jinbei • Boa Hancock|
|One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2|
|Buggy the Clown • Marco • Enel • Perona • Dracule Mihawk • Crocodile • Blackbeard • Bartholomew Kuma • Trafalgar Law • Akainu • Aokiji • Kizaru • Monkey D.Garp • Smoker|
|One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3|
|Sabo • Fujitora • Rob Lucci • Donquixote Doflamingo • Tashigi • Magellan • Emporio Ivankov • Gecko Moria • Caesar Clown • Shanks|