- This article is about a character. For the game of the same name, see Opoona (game).
|Original IP:|| |
|Voice Actor:|| |
|Unlocked at the start for first prints.|
Opoona (オプーナ, Opūna) is the titular protagonist of Opoona.
He is one of the playable characters in Warriors All-Stars.
Role in GamesEdit
Opoona comes from a family who are members of the Cosmo Guard, guardians of the galaxy and wielders of a mystical power called the Holy Force. His parents fight arcane evils called Dark Rogue. One day, his parents bring Opoona and his younger siblings for a space trip to the planet Landroll. Their spaceship is hit by a dark energy, and his parents load Opoona and his siblings into escape pods. The escape pods are launched and experience turbulence, causing Opoona to be separated from his siblings. He crash lands on Landroll.
His foreign surroundings have vanquished their planet's source of Dark Rogue in the past, but its influence turned half the world into a dead wasteland and Dark Rogue still roam the planet. Landroll copes by segregating its society into domes; citizens within these domes are further divided by a person's licensed occupation and work experience. With hopes of reuniting with his scattered family and returning to his home planet Tizia, Opoona enrolls into the Starhouse academy to find a job. He is too young to meet the age requirement for Cosmo Guard so he enlists to the local alternative, the Landroll Rangers. Through this occupation, Opoona heeds various requests and gains many licenses to move around Landroll. He also fights the Dark Rogue and befriends many of the planet's residents. Despite having no previous battle training or work experience, Opoona graduates and excels as a novice ranger.
Furusawa stated that Opoona wasn't initially considered to become a playable character in Warriors All-Stars, but he came up while the developers were cycling through potential Koei IPs to feature. Opoona was going to potentially be a mascot character who'd cameo in the game, like Tenko and the Winning Post horses. The team wanted to sneak him in somehow so they included his silhouette in the game's first teaser movie. Kou Shibusawa's comment at 2016 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan ("I want to use the Energy Bon-Bon.") and excited fan reaction sealed the team's decision to make Opoona playable. His early unlock is their way of thanking everyone who encouraged them to go through with the development.
Kobayashi is honored to be the first voice for Opoona, but he had trouble with many of his character's lines due to their length and complexity. He hopes players will enjoy using a character who is filled with the developers' love.
|Keys:||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
- : Opoona rides a spaceship while spinning two orbs.
- , : Opoona swings his bon-bon up left.
- , , : Opoona throws and spins his bon-bon forward and then flings his bon-bon up from the enemy.
- , , , : Opoona bounces his bon-bon on the ground.
- , , , , : Opoona throws his bon-bon forward hard.
- , , , , , : Opoona juggles his bon-bon side to side and then spins forward.
- , , , , , : Opoona swings his bon-bon left, right, forward, then forward right, forward left, then around him.
- Dashing : Opoona tumbles forward.
- , : Opoona spins down to the ground.
- , : Opoona throws his his bon-bon forward.
- Hero Skill
- Paralyze Shell: gives lightning attribute.
- Awakened Skill
- Combined Skill
This article is about a game that has not been released yet. Information may change rapidly.