|4th Weapon:|| |
|First appearance:||Warriors Orochi 2|
|Real name:|| |
Yamata no Orochi
|Chinese/Japanese name:|| |
Orochi X (真・遠呂智, Shin Orochi) is a more powerful version of the Orochi from the first Warriors Orochi. He is the last boss for all story modes (except the Orochi story mode) in Warriors Orochi 2. To unlock him, players must complete all stages in the game including the dream mode levels. He has no personal image section in the Gallery Mode and has no other alternate costumes. He can be unlocked as a playable character in Warriors Orochi 3 by viewing all of the game's endings.
His height in the Warriors Orochi series is the same as his living counterpart at 210 cm (6'11").
Role in GamesEdit
Resurrected by Kiyomori with help from Da Ji and using Himiko as the catalyst for the resurrection to lead the forces of evil again, Orochi returns in a new form. In Wei's story mode, he appears slightly earlier than others but is weakened from his unexpected revival. Regardless of which story mode the player partakes in, he is once again defeated.
His new dream mode in Warriors Orochi Z has him simultaneously challenging the leaders of every main faction against him -Shu, Wei, Wu, Samurai, the Mystics, Tadakatsu and Lu Bu- at Koshi Castle. He teams with Da Ji and Kiyomori and his remaining followers include Masamune, Sun Wukong and Himiko (Keiji and Sima Yi do not make an appearance). He wonders if there is any warrior among this large army who could grant him eternal slumber once more.
While Orochi himself doesn't resurrect in the latest installment, the world's will takes his appearance multiple times at the end of the game. Its final consciousness resides within a Orochi X look-alike who faces the heroes one last time before dissipating once more.
Orochi X remains as harsh as his older counterpart and is bitter for being wrenched him from his eternal slumber, something he bluntly confesses to Kiyomori. He acts arrogant of his superior might and continues his challenge heroes to slay him. After his death, Nu Wa speculates that he may want them to conquer him and claim this new land for themselves.
- Gideon Emery - English voice
- Ryotaro Okiayu - Japanese voice
- See also: Orochi X/Quotes
- "Evanescence awaits"
- "Now then.."
- "At last..."
- "This is the true... strength of humanity."
- "Come humans. End me again, if you can..."
- "I am whole again! For mere mortals, I am now out of reach!"
- "Crush the weak! They have no right to life!"
- "My orders are simple. Crush all before you."
- "Yes, but there's still more work to be done! Overcome this hellish army, and you'll have earned the right to face me!"
- "Is something wrong, my lord?"
- "What do you think? ...Wrenched from eternal slumber."
- ~~Kiyomori and Orochi, Warriors Orochi 2
- "As long as people desire life, they will never listen to my threats. They have no more need for a Demon King."
- "Then, will you accompany me to the end, Demon King of the Human Realm?"
- "If that is what you wish."
- ~~Nobunaga and Orochi X; Warriors Orochi 3
|Keys||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
- : charges energy within his hand for brief moment before he fires a red beam of energy forward. It can hit multiple targets, simultaneously stunning and draining his targets of their musou in one blow.
- , , (): performs an upward slash that launches. He hops into the air behind his opponent and rapidly spins like a top, slicing his foe several times.
- , , : charges energy within his hand for brief moment before he fires a red beam of energy forward. Unlike his C1, the beam is longer and can hit several foes within its projection range. He stays within this pose until the beam ends. It is arguably the longest ranged attack in the game.
- , , , : briefly fazes himself to become invincible while he stands upright. He then emits a damaging red and black shockwave surrounding the ground around him. It emits red bolts of energy to also trap skyward foes into its range, hitting anyone within its reach several times. In contrast to his C3, Orochi X can move after creating the shockwave and can hit any foe still stuck within the shockwave's effects.
- , , , , , , , , : Orochi X becomes invincible to his foes by surrounding himself in a blue aura, slashing forward with his scythe. As the effect wears off, he turns his scythe upside down to smash the head into the ground, emitting fire on the ground which burns enemies in range. He turns for a horizontal swing and follows with swing that cuts upwards. After four more horizontal swings, Orochi X rotates his scythe to point forward. As he thrusts it, he fires four blue balls of energy(ice) forward.
- Dashing : downwards swing that slashes foes in front of him.
- , : spins rapidly in the air before smashing his scythe on the ground, emitting a massive electric shockwave on impact.
- , : shoots a downwards fireball.
- : Orochi X channels energy into his fist and pounds the ground. He stays in one place and generates a destructive electric shockwave around him that juggles foes in the air. He finishes with an aura-enchanced swing of his scythe forward and becomes invulnerable to attack for a limited time. In his True Musou version, Orochi X performs three quick airborne spins after he finishes his massive shockwave.
- R1: Orochi X levitates above the ground with his arms crossed, gravitating toward a single foe. If he gets too close to them, they will be unable to block the black energy dome he traps them in. He moves at a rate the eye can't follow, hitting his foe several times. The dome depletes on his last strike.
- : horse rears on hind legs before smashing the ground with their front hoofs. If the horse is sprinting, it will perform a long jump instead.
- , : rising swing to his right that launches.
- , , : harsh swing to his right.
- , , , : harsh swing to his right.
- , , , , , , , : series of swings to his right.
- : horse stampedes with a powerful aura.
- Triple Attack 1: Sends out a red beam of destructive energy.
- Triple Attack 2: Shoots ice projectiles traveling at a considerable distance.
- Triple Attack 3: Fires a massive red energy beam forward.
- Warriors Orochi 3
- R1: Warps time and space to trap enemies and cut them down.
Orochi X's moveset consists of powerful scythe slashes and beams, shockwaves, etc. His moveset is similar to Orochi's, but Orochi X has more powerful charge attacks. In addition, his energy attacks will completely drain the musou bar of any character it connects with.
- See also: Orochi X/Weapons
Warriors Orochi 3Edit
Big Star WeaponsEdit
Orochi X uses the following big star weapons in the game.
- Dirt Scrapers
- Perpetual Horror
- Soul Harvester (DLC)
- If one looks closely at Orochi X's R1 Special, the motions are similar to the famous Shun Goku Satsu (Instant Hell Murder) from Capcom's popular Street Fighter franchise.
|This Warriors Orochi related article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
|Warriors Orochi • Warriors Orochi 2 • Musou Orochi Z • Warriors Orochi 3 • Musou Orochi 2: Special •|
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
|Orochi • Da Ji • Taigong Wang • Sun Wukong • Fu Xi • Nuwa • Yoshitsune Minamoto • Kiyomori Taira • Himiko • |
Orochi X • Dodomeki • Gyūki • Sanzang • Benkei • Kaguya • Susano'o • Nezha • Shuten Dōji • Ryu Hayabusa • Ayane • Joan of Arc • Nemea • Achilles • Seimei Abe • Rachel • Shennong • Momiji
|Shu • Wei • Wu • Samurai • Orochi • Mystics • Unaffiliated • Coalition|
|Series Game Elements|
|Power • Speed • Technique • Wonder • Weapon Fusion • Team Abilities • Strategies • Personal Items • Treasure Guide • Yashio'ori|