Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Weapon Type:|| |
|First Appearance:||Samurai Warriors|
|Real name:|| |
|Japanese name:|| |
August 11, 1626
Rairen Shimozuma is a steward of Ishiyama-Honganji and one of Kennyo's followers. He worked with Magoichi in the defenses of Honganji, being named one of the reputable braves for the Honganji Rioters.
Role in GamesEdit
Rairen is one of the rebels trying to defend Kyoto late in Magoichi's Samurai Warriors story. When Kennyo and his men begin to surrender, Rairen becomes Magoichi's enemy. In the sequel, he is among the defenders at Osaka Bay.
In Warriors Orochi 3, he serves as Magoichi's replacement NPC when players control Magoichi on said maps.
Nobunaga no Yabou 201X Rairen is Kennyo's most trusted follower. To protect his leader from the UMA invasion, Rairen attempts to isolate Tsuchi-ikazuchi and defeat the UMA in a duel. He is the first to be brainwashed by Tsuchi-ikazuchi's magics and becomes the unwilling avatar for the UMA. Under its influences, Rairen pushes for Kennyo to obliterate Nobunaga and discreetly spreads the UMA's influences to the other Honganji Rioters. The brainwashed mob disrupts peace negotiations between Kennyo and Nobunaga.
When the protagonist's party corners Tsuchi-ikazuchi, the UMA takes control of Rairen —who is stationed within Honganji— in a bid to take Kennyo's wife Nyoshun-ni hostage. She defends herself with a stun gun that Matsuri gave her, and its effects on Rairen directly transfer to Tsuchi-ikazuchi. After the UMA general is sealed, Rairen thoroughly apologizes for the trouble he caused and renews his loyalties to Kennyo.
- Tony Oliver - Warriors Orochi (English-uncredited)
- "I'm counting on you, Rairen. It feels good knowing I have someone reliable covering my back."
- "I as well, Magoichi. But, could you perhaps do something about your indiscriminate womanizing?"
- "What about you and your chastity? You're more popular with the ladies than I am, and you don't even give them the time of day. Need a few pointers?"
- "At least try to refrain yourself in battle. It's painful watching you courting with the enemy."
- ~~Magoichi and Rairen; 100man-nin no Sengoku Musou
|This article about a Samurai Warriors character is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|