Ryuzaburo Ohtomo (大友 龍三郎, Ōtomo Ryūzaburō, born May 18, 1952 in Katsuyama, Fukui) is a freelance Japanese actor and voice actor. He started his career as an actor during the 70's, but he primarily does voice overs today. Ohtomo tends to not talk about his personal life during interviews, so not much is publicly known about him.
Regarding his approach to voice acting, however, Ohtomo remarks that he prefers to perform villain roles. He thinks that he is at his best when voicing them and he often finds them endearing icons of importance. To him villains are the middle ground between characters who are too serious, too comical, or too easy-going. He also enjoys trying to invent different laughs and chuckles for his roles. Unsurprisingly Ohtomo is best known in the industry as a voice for evil characters.
Works with KoeiEdit
- Ying-yang Taoist leader - Marvelous Twins drama CD
- La Hire - Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War
- Musha Gundam - Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Special
- Kiyomori Taira, Shingen Takeda - Warriors Orochi series
- Shingen Takeda - Samurai Warriors series (Daisuke Gōri's successor for Shingen), CR Sengoku no Arashi ~Nobunaga no Shou~, Derby Musou, Sengoku Jidai Ten -A Century of Dreams- pre-recorded voice guide
- Uighur the Warden, Jyukei - Hokuto Musou titles
- Balor - TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll
- Crocodile - One Piece: Pirate Warriors; reprise of his role in the anime
- Sengoku Musou Seiyuu Ougi 2016 ~Sanada Natsu no Jin~