Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3|
|Release Date:||: December 4, 2014|
: June 24, 2015
: June 30, 2015
|Genre:||Hack and Slash|
|Game Modes:||Single Player|
|Platform(s):||Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita|
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 (戦国無双 Chronicle 3, Sengoku Musou Chronicle 3) is the latest Chronicles entry which uses Samurai Warriors 4 as its base. Unlike its predecessor, the producer says this title is a "brand new entry" into the series. He hints that it will include Xtreme Legends-like features.
Buy the game new to receive a Santa outfit serial code for both genders. The Premium Box edition includes an artbook containing new illustrations for every playable Samurai Warriors character, a CD containing Chronicles original and remix music, autographs from the protagonist voice actors, and 15 character postcards. The Gamecity Set from Gamecity Shopping adds a wall tapestry and the same merchandise from the TV special Gamecity Set to the purchase. Gamecity Shoppers can receive an original clear file with their purchase. If buyers reserve the game from the same site before November 24, they can choose an autograph from one of the "Gi Trio" voice actors. my GAMECITY users can purchase the packaged versions of this game and/or Sengoku Musou 4-II to receive serial codes for rare merchandise.
The Digital Download version costs $39.99, 3DS version coming to a total of $42.73 due to tax. It takes up 2.0GB for the PSVita version, and 12695 blocks for the 3DS version.
- Protagonists have Hyper Attacks, Mighty Strikes, and Rage Attacks for their default weaponry. Further customization options are planned.
- Playable characters have a combat maneuver gauge ala Empires titles that can be used during battle. Each character can use a special maneuver to help the ally side once certain conditions are met.
- The producer stated that many missions encourage the player to rely on character switching to succeed them.
- Character interactions with the playable cast have been heightened compared to previous titles. Protagonists can additionally earn a playable character's costume and "what-if" story branches in Chronicle Mode by building friendship levels with them.
- Hypothetical routes can unlock special mission objectives for the playable cast.
- Players can use their funds to improve a castle town and its standard shop. A blacksmith for specific weapon alterations and the tea room seen in cutscenes are new facilities. Players can invite multiple characters to the tea room to boost friendship ratings and to experience unique conversations; upgrade it to increase the number of seats available per visit.
- Dream Castle Mode is a revised Gold Rush or Time Attack Mode from Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends. Players can compete for online rankings and earn a class rank for their avatar. Guest characters are slated to appear as enemy NPCs.
- Completing various objectives to bolster the player's war career. War career is equivalent to game completion and is visibly judged by revealing miniatured character illustrations separated on a 6x4 square grid. One objective is placed on one square panel, and there are eight illustrations available.
- Online friendships can be used to earn points for weapon customization. Routine online messages from the developers will continue to be sent to players of both ports.
- Downloadable content will include scenarios, music, and edit character parts.
The story mode of the game that follows the Protagonist as the major events of the Sengoku era unfold. The layout is similar to historical mode in Samurai Warriors 3, with events littered between the battles on a scroll timeline. Alternate histories are offered this time around as well, serving as side stories and what if scenarios.
A secondary mode similar to the Gold Rush mode from Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends. Three stages are selectable:
- Ōsaka Castle
- Azuchi Castle
- Edo Castle
Points are earned as a separate currency in this mode, which are earned from defeating officers, completing missions, hidden in boxes, and completing combos. These points are saved after every run and can be exchanged for items, weapon upgrades, gold, experience, and level 5 weapons for each character.
A sub-mode available from both Story Mode and Challenge Mode after completing two battles in Story Mode. Within this mode, different options are available. The shop, blacksmith, and tea house can all be upgraded to improve their abilities.
- Shop - where gems and equipment can be purchased.
- Blacksmith - upgrades weapons to new tiers, improved stats, and weapon skills
- Tea House - Improves characters favor and hosts extra events outside of the main stories
- Invest - Improves the levels of the shop, blacksmith, and tea house from level 1 to 10
- Training Area - Up to four characters can be selected to gain extra training from battles when they do not directly participate in the battle.
This mode allows SpotPass to be managed, game updates to be checked and downloaded, and access to the DLC shop.
Keeps track of game stats, including the eight battle history panels, objectives, events, end galleries, music, character levels, items, war arts, horses, and favor.
Provides brief historical information for playable characters, generic officers, and battles. Unlike Samurai Warriors 4, the encyclopedia is entirely unlocked from the start.
Allows controls, sound, displays, and game data to be customized.
One new stage was added to the game:
|Trophy||Name||Unlock Method||Trophy Type|
|Unrivaled Warrior||Obtain all other trophies.||Platinum|
|Genius||Complete all war career illustrations.||Gold|
|Dancing Masterpiece||Collect all weapons.||Gold|
|Veteran||Win every battle in Story Mode.||Gold|
|Treasured Item||Obtain a rare weapon for the first time.||Silver|
|Song Master||Maximize the music collection rate to 100%.||Silver|
|Large Shareholder||Maximize all investment levels.||Silver|
|Mission Complete||Maximize the mission accomplishment rate in Story Mode to 100%.||Silver|
|Dialogue Master||Maximize the event collection rate to 100%.||Silver|
|Grand Finale||Unlock the ending for the Showdown at Osaka.||Silver|
|Skill Master||Learn all skills.||Bronze|
|The Demon King's Second Coming||Unlock the ending for the Battle against Toyotomi - Redux.||Bronze|
|To Be a Demon||Clear a battle on hell difficulty.||Bronze|
|Horse Lover||Collect all war horses.||Bronze|
|Glutton||Consume 500 rice balls.||Bronze|
|Golden Palace||Spend over 100,000 gold at the castle town.||Bronze|
|Amusement Park||Complete the sixth war career illustration.||Bronze|
|Speed Worth a Thousand||Get 1,000 kills in one battle through hyper attacks.||Bronze|
|Bonds of Ōmi||Unlock the ending for Hisahide Matsunaga's Revolt - Redux.||Bronze|
|War God and Schemer||Unlock the ending for the Battle against Matsunaga - Redux.||Bronze|
|A Display of Beautiful Legs||Complete the seventh war career illustration.||Bronze|
|Not Alone in the End||Unlock the ending for the Osaka Campaign.||Bronze|
|Strategy of Survival||Unlock the ending for the Showdown at Mt. Tachibana.||Bronze|
|To the Imperial Path||Unlock the ending for the Showdown at Kawanakajima - Redux.||Bronze|
|To Be Unrivaled||Maximize a character's level for the first time.||Bronze|
|One Who Weaves History||Complete the first war career illustration.||Bronze|
|Song Collector||Raise the music collection rate to 50%.||Bronze|
|East-West Treaty||Unlock the ending for the Subjugation of Edo - Redux.||Bronze|
|Skills Worth a Thousand||Perform a 1,000 combo chain in one battle.||Bronze|
|Tactician Family||Use skills 10 times in one battle.||Bronze|
|End of the Year Spring Cleaning||Complete the fifth war career illustration.||Bronze|
|Tenka Fuge||Unlock the ending for Ieyasu Tokugawa's Revolt - Redux.||Bronze|
|One With Great Valor||Spend over 100,000 gold at the Castle of Trials.||Bronze|
|A Dream World||Unlock the ending for the Assault on Osaka Castle.||Bronze|
|Strengthened Friendship||Maximize a bond with every character.||Bronze|
|Inrō||Complete the fourth war career illustration.||Bronze|
|First Battle||Win a Battle for the first time.||Bronze|
|First Reward||Earn a reward at the Castle of Trials for the first time.||Bronze|
|Shareholder Novice||Invest for the first time.||Bronze|
|Tremendous Memorabilia||Collect all equippable items.||Bronze|
|The Whole Cast||Complete the eighth war career illustration.||Bronze|
|Path of Carnage||Defeat a total of more than 100,000 enemies.||Bronze|
|Mission Accomplished||Raise the mission accomplishment rate in Story Mode to 50%.||Bronze|
|By Popular Demand||Complete the third war career illustration.||Bronze|
|Dialogue Collector||Raise the event collection rate to 50%.||Bronze|
|True Warrior||Get 1,000 kills in one battle.||Bronze|
|Once in a Lifetime||Create a character for the first time.||Bronze|
|Fatal Blow||Obtain a weapon with the Reaper attribute for the first time.||Bronze|
|The Time is Now||Unlock the ending for the Clash at Setouchi - Redux.||Bronze|
|Chibigahara||Complete the second war career illustration.||Bronze|
Differences between portsEdit
- Graphics are at a higher resolution for the PS Vita port. Enemies appear with less frequency but the text has been enlarged for the 3DS port.
- PS Vita users can transfer their Samurai Warriors 4 downloadable content for free.
- Save data bonuses are specific to each port.
Director Kataoka demonstrated the game online on September 19, 14:15 JST. It was one of the playable demos at Koei Tecmo's Tokyo Game Show 2014 booth. It was one of the Koei titles present for the PlayStation LIVE Circuit 2014. Kataoka gave live Chronicle 3 presentations and explanations on Denjin☆Gacha! (December 4, 22:40 JST) and PlayCommu Cafe (December 5, 20:00 JST).
A NicoNico Live broadcast was scheduled November 5, 17:00 (JST). New information for the series's anniversary and Sengoku Musou was first revealed at the event. Snippets of the voice actor sections can be seen on MAiDiGiTV's Youtube channel.
The experience trial can be downloaded November 6.
Gamecity is publishing a guidebook for completionists.
- Official North American website
- Official European website
- Official Japanese website
- Official promotional video
|This article about a Koei game is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|