|Playable Debut:||Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru|
|Real name:|| |
|Japanese name:|| |
|Fictional character. Allegedly based on real life individuals like Kōzuki Sasuke (上月佐助) and Sarutobi Nisuke (猿飛仁助).|
Sasuke Sarutobi is the name of a fictional ninja who served the Sanada during the Azuchi-Momoyama period. A formidable trickster, he fought for his clan's struggles against the Tokugawa until their defeat at Osaka.
Role in GamesEdit
Sasuke is emotionally distant from anyone other than Hanzō, whom the youth has come to see as a father figure for raising him and teaching him the ways of the ninja. However, interactions with Yukimura gives him the opportunity to open up to others.
- Erin Fitzgerald - Kessen (English)
- Youko Iwasaki - Kessen (Japanese)
- Yōhei Azakami - Sengoku Musou ~Sanadamaru~
Live Action PerformersEdit
- Kazumi Doi - Kono Nyaka ni Jinbyou ga iru nya ~ Nobunyaga no Yabou Trial Kouen
- Yuuta Iiyama - Butai Nobunyaga no Yabou Yukimura to Gorin no Ken
- Shougo Nihira - Kono Nyaka ni Jinbyou ga iru nya ~ Nobunyaga no Yabou Trial Kouen, Butai Nobunyaga no Yabou ~ Neko Gungi
- Koumei - Butai Nobunyaga no Yabou ~ Neko Gungi, Butai Nobunyaga no Yabou ~ Neko Gungi 2
- "Hey, it's Kunoichi. Have you been keeping up with your training?"
- "I'm busy with the real thing, so I'm not going to waste time doing that. I'm fine without it, but I can't say the same about you."
- "You sure? Look, aren't you getting a bit fat? Y'see, around here?"
- "No, no, no. You're seeing things, and you've got too much time on your hands. Ah, there's Yukimura! Later, Sasuke!"
- ~~Sasuke and Kunoichi; 100man-nin no Sengoku Musou
Hailed as the most famous member of the Sanada Ten Braves, Sasuke is said to have come from the Kōga ninja line. Other sources claim that he had been cared for by monkeys and acquired their fast reflexes, thus explaining the meaning of his name "Monkey Jump". Legends say he began his ninja training under the tutelage of Hakunsai Tozawa who initially mocked him for his inexperience.
Most stories depict him as a foil to the more dashing Kirigakure Saizo, another fictional ninja who came to be his rival and friend. During the Siege of Osaka, the two of them flawlessly trapped their enemies in a field of land mines. Though the cause of his death differs in each tale, Sasuke generally dies resisting the Tokugawa forces. One version has him successfully infiltrate Ieyasu's base only to be caught by a bear trap while escaping. Rather than face capture, he cut off his own leg and killed himself afterwards.
|This Samurai Warriors related article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|