Takehito Koyasu (子安 武人, Koyasu Takehito, born May 5, 1967 in Minami-ku, Yokohama) is a Japanese voice actor who is currently affiliated with his self-founded voice actor agency, T's Factory. He is known for being very vocal about his various pleasures in life. He adores giraffes, morozoff pudding, and chatting about whatever subject at whim.
Like Hikaru Midorikawa, Koyasu is a video game fanatic who somehow finds time to play and finish video games in between his busy schedule. He often tries to play games in which he has voiced a character in the cast. He is currently playing the online game Dragon Quest X and is willing to form parties with other players.
During the early years of his popularity, Koyasu was best known for voicing cold, good-looking young men in anime. Once he performed Gym Ghingham in Turn A Gundam, however, he broke away from the typecast and has since performed a variety of character roles. He is the most prolific voice actor in Japan and, since his voice rarely changes between his characters, is easily recognized by anime fans around the world. His fans in Japan often tease him for keeping the same pitch yet praise the creative delivery for his various performances. A few of his many voice credits include Takao Kuroi in THE IDOLM@STER series, Takasugi Shinsuke in Gintama, and Dio Brando in the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure animated TV series.
Works with KoeiEdit
- King Zhou - Fengshen Yanyi drama CDs
- Sacred Guardian of Dreams Olivie, Olivie von Sydow - Angelique series
- Olivie, Ka-Fai - Angelique Gaiden drama CD series
- Milliardo Peacecraft, Gym Ghingham, Mu La Flaga/Neo Roanoke - Dynasty Warriors: Gundam series; reprise of Wing, Turn A, SEED and SEED DESTINY
- Rei - Hokuto Musou titles
- Aokiji - One Piece: Pirate Warriors; reprise of his role in the anime
- Guiscard - Arslan Senki x Musou; reprise of his role in the TV series
He was also one of two radio personalities for the following radio program:
- Angelique ♥ Memoir 10th ~Sweet Celebration~