|First Appearance:||Samurai Warriors 2: Empires|
|Real name:|| |
|Japanese name:|| |
November 29, 1585
Terumune Date is Masamune's father and the 17th head of the Date clan.
He placed eighteenth in the Nobunaga no Yabou Taishi poll for most favorite father.
Role in GamesEdit
Throughout the majority of the Samurai Warriors series, Terumune is already dead and Masamune is the clan leader. In Samurai Warriors 2: Empires, he serves under his father before his time as the clan leader.
Terumune is briefly seen in Masamune's opening cinematic in the third title. In a dream sequence, he is shown frantically struggling against his assailant moments before Masamune orders him to be shot down. Masamune continues to feel guilty for failing to save his father, driving him to vent through his depression at Ueda Castle.
Sengoku Musou 3: Empires has him appear in Masamune's story where he announces his retirement for the sake of the Date. Assuaging whatever doubts his son has, he is confident in the former's ability to bring their clan to greater heights. When Masamune tries to execute Yoshitsugu Nihonmatsu for turning against him, it is Terumune who intervenes on the traitor's behalf. Unfortunately, this leads to him being kidnapping by Yoshitsugu who seeks to have his own punishment lessened. Confronted by his son and the Date riflemen, he urges the young lord to surpass him by firing. His death serves to inspire Masamune into fulfilling his ambitions for the land.
His death is shown again in the fourth title and serves as a driving force for Masamune's actions throughout the Tohoku chapter.
- "It is only a matter of time before the child surpasses the parent. There is no need for the child to wait for the parent to grow old."
- "But if I ignore society's norms and customs, I will lose their trust and there will be discord within the family!"
- "Don't be blinded by what's before you! Look at the big picture. If you want to see your ambition to the end, ignore the trivial things that clutter your way and keep your eyes on what's ahead. I do not see things like petty fighting within the family. ...All I see is you soaring to the sky like a dragon."
- "A dragon...! Father, I, Masamune, will show that you did not choose wrongly!"
- ~~Terumune and Masamune; Sengoku Musou 3: Empires
Live Action PerformerEdit
|This article about a Samurai Warriors character is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|