|Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper|
|Release Date:||: December 8, 2012|
: November 30, 2012
: November 18, 2012
|Genre:||Hack and Slash|
|Game Modes:||Single Player, Multi player|
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (無双OROCHI2 Hyper, Musou OROCHI 2 Hyper) is the second re-release of Warriors Orochi 3. It is Koei's launch title for the Wii U.
- Players can play using either the console's handheld controllers or the Wii U gamepad. If the player plays solo using the gamepad, the mini-map is displayed on it.
- A new multiplayer card-battle mode called Duel Mode is included. The player forms their trinity of choice and arm themselves with four cards before each match. After deciding their deck of four, the battle begins after a stage has been selected. Cards can change the effects of the player's team and fall into one of four categories:
- Attack (Red) - deals damage.
- Auxiliary (Green) - adds a special effect to team's attacks.
- Obstruct (Blue) - places a limiting effect on opposing player's team.
- Special (Yellow) - any other special effects or techniques which doesn't belong in the previous three; conditions to use are specific and they may have side effects.
- Since cards have varying degrees of efficiency depending on the character, players are encouraged to experiment with various combinations. Victory is achieved once one of the player's life meter's is depleted. Rare stones are the rewards for winners.
- Downloadable content from the original game is also included.
The entire cast from Special appear with the following additions:
There are two guidebooks for this re-release. The first book centers on introducing the overall game system and includes stats, character affinities and so forth for the two new characters. Scenarios within the game's story and tips and tricks for using every character is the second book's focus.
A compiled databook includes character profiles and concepts, events, and movie information found within this game.
- Similar to the previous collaboration characters, Momiji will feature her own theme from past games she has appeared in: "Fuga", her stage theme from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
- Official American website, Official American Nintendo listing
- Official Japanese website, Official Japanese Nintendo listing
- Eurogamer interview with the producer
- Famitsu interview with producer and director
|Warriors Orochi 2 • Z|
|Warriors Orochi 3 • Special • Hyper • Ultimate • 100man-nin|
|Warriors Orochi 4|
|Orochi • Da Ji|
|Warriors Orochi 2|
|Taigong Wang • Sun Wukong • Fu Xi • Nuwa • Yoshitsune Minamoto • Kiyomori Taira • Himiko|
|Musou OROCHI Z|
|Dodomeki • Gyūki • Sanzang • Benkei|
|Warriors Orochi 3|
|Kaguya • Susano'o • Nezha • Shuten Dōji • Ryu Hayabusa • Ayane • Joan of Arc • Nemea • Achilles|
|Musou OROCHI 2 Special|
|Seimei Abe • Rachel|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper|
|Shennong • Momiji|
|Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate|
|Tamamo • Yinglong • Kyūbi • Hundun • Kasumi • Sterkenburg Cranach • Sophitia Alexandra|
|Hydra • Heavenly Emperor|
|Shu • Wei • Wu • Samurai • Orochi • Mystics • Unaffiliated • Coalition|
|Series Game Elements|
|Power • Speed • Technique • Wonder • Weapon Fusion • Team Abilities • Team Combinations • Strategies • Personal Items • Treasure Guide • Musou Battlefields • Yashio'ori • Divine Mirror|