Wendee Lee (born February 20, 1960 in Los Angeles, California) is an American voice actor and ADR director. Her husband is a musician and she is a vegetarian. During her early artistic years, she was a dance instructor and wrote lyrics for a local rock band. She was invited to watch a recording session with Harmony Gold which led to her voice acting debut as Vanessa in Robotech. Lee has implied to have taken several different classes to improve her acting skills throughout her life, though her schedule is mainly dedicated to writing and directing the English script for Bleach at the moment. Her experience led to her career of providing English voice overs for various Japanese media. She has been credited as Elyse Floyd, Wendee Swan, Wendee Day, and Wendy Lee (the last name may be a typo).
Lee's vocal performances are often lent to young and strong-willed female characters. She has performed sassy and sensual characters closer to her natural tone, a character archetype which Lee says she prefers to be known as by fans. A few of her roles include Charlotte in Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Miho Karasuma in Witch Hunter Robin, and Konata Izumi in Lucky☆Star.
Works with KoeiEdit
- Diao Chan - Kessen II
- Yoshino, Takechiyo - Kessen III
- Kecak, Ud - Crimson Sea
- Feanay - Crimson Sea 2
- Daqiao - Dynasty Warriors 4~8 (including their Xtreme Legends and Empires spin offs), Warriors Orochi series
- Xiaoqiao - Dynasty Warriors 4~5 (including their Xtreme Legends and Empires spin offs)
- Zhenji - Dynasty Warriors 6~8 (Special, Empires, Strikeforce, Xtreme Legends)
- Craftswoman - Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
- Xingcai - Dynasty Warriors 7~8 (including their Xtreme Legends and Empires spin offs), Warriors Orochi series
- Lu Ling Qi - Dynasty Tactics 2
- Oichi - Samurai Warriors (Xtreme Legends), Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2
- Ina - Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends
- Lyndis - Fire Emblem Warriors
- Miscellaneous voices - Romance of the Three Kingdoms: The Legend of Cao Cao
She is also the voice director for Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence.