Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Unit Type:|| |
|Weapon Type:||Spear and shield|
|Request Mission(s):|| |
The Art of Fighting
The Art of Fighting, Again
The Truth of Battle
|Voice Actors:|| |
Grant George (EN)
Yasuhiro Takato (JP)
William (ウィリアム) is a fictional character featured in Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War.
Role in GameEdit
William is first seen surrounded by a group of mercenaries who confront him in the tavern. While Magnus and Marc are more sympathetic, Georges and Naran do not hesitate to mock the young man for his cowardice. In truth, he was forced to take up the mercenary life when his father had been taken for ransom.
He attempts to correct his mistakes by asking the protagonist to help him fight. The first occasion has him sending the mercenary on a wild goose chase by coming up with various excuses while the second ends partway when his fear of war flares up. Humiliated by his own failure, William trains himself every night despite insults from the others.
Upon hearing of William's reason of becoming a mercenary, Magnus and the others rally together and assist him once more on the battlefield. He then becomes more competent after fulfilling a contract for the very first time.
A lover of books, William's docile and cowardly personality makes him unsuited for war during his first stint as a mercenary. Left to fend for himself, he faces scorn from most of the other mercenaries until given aid by Magnus and the protagonist. Henceforth, he was able to shake off the title of cowardly knight and earn the respect of his peers including the overbearing Georges.
- "Even I can fight when I put my mind to it."
- "I do not fear you!"
- "Phew... Reinforcements at last. Thank you so much."
- "Oh... Your skills are truly magnificent!"
- "I shall do my best not to slow you down."
- "Yes! I did it!"
- "I should have known I was not ready for this..."
- "I am not utterly hopeless, you know."
- "I can't believe it! We have taken our objective!"
- "Please! We must begin the attack!"
- "We are under attack! Somebody do something!"
- "Well I still do not believe you to be a capable warrior. Remember that!"
- "Georges, at times you behave as a child. William has proved himself a true mercenary."
- "No, I have yet much to learn. But learn I shall. Given time."
- ~~Georges, Naran, and William
|The Hundred Years' War • Nightmare|
|Edward the Black Prince • King of England • Philippa • John Chandos • John Talbot • John Fastolf • Henry Percy • Hal • Richard Beauchamp • Iamarl • Branwyn|
|Joan of Arc • La Hire • Gilles de Rais • Philippe le Bon • Arthur de Richemont • Bertrand du Guesclin • King of France • Christine de Pizan • Jean de Metz • Marie • You Ji|
|Protagonist • John Hawkwood • Magnus • Marc and Georges • Karen • Diane • Naran • Yoshimasa • Shakti • William|
|Unit Types • Unit Types (Nightmare) • Inventory • Battles • Missions • Diabolus • Gladius Dux|