|Weapon Type:|| |
|First Appearance:||Samurai Warriors 2|
|Real name:|| |
|Japanese name:|| |
November 6, 1600
Yukinaga Konishi, also known under his baptized name Augustinus (アウグスティヌス), is one of the famous Christian daimyo who served Mitsunari. Historically, both he and Kiyomasa Katō share a mutual hatred for one another due to the former's ties to Christianity.
His height in Saihai no Yukue is 150 cm (4'11") and he is 43 years old. He likes to keep track of his money as a hobby and has no extreme likes or dislikes.
Role in GamesEdit
He appears in many incarnations of Sekigahara in the Samurai Warriors series. Players can choose to rescue him during Yukimura and Yoshihiro's dream stage in the second title. He will often appear as a minor general in the Western Army's other campaigns in Samurai Warriors 3.
In Kessen, Konishi acts as one of the prime offensive units for the Western Army during Sekigahara. Like Akashi, he leads a Christian armored army filled with rifle women and spear men. He is a loyal unit who rarely protests any orders. Depending on the player's actions, he can either live to end Ieyasu's uprising or die following Sekigahara.
Saihai no YukueEdit
He appears as a pompous and skeptic man in Saihai no Yukue. He harshly criticizes his comrades on their manners and "wasteful" behavior. He is known to puff his cheeks when he is irritated and sweat profusely when in danger. Paranoid and obsessed with numbers, Konishi often deliberates fleeing when faced with larger armies. A man who breaks easily under pressure, he has difficulty composing himself and claims to not believe in any of his comrades. Despite his selfish nature, he is actually fighting to protect his family and wishes to secure his survival for their happiness.
After Yoshitsugu and Sakon's deaths, he and Ukita continue to fight on their behalf. Once he spots Ukita fleeing, however, Konishi regretfully sees the futility of his situation and surrenders to the Eastern army. His whereabouts remain unknown for the rest of the game. According to the official databook, Ieyasu continues to rule the land after Sekigahara and Konishi is punished by having his properties confiscated.
- Michael Benyaer - Kessen (English)
- Kazunari Tanaka - Kessen (Japanese)
- "Ugh, not you. In what world do you think a merchant has the right to be in the battlefield?"
- "And there you go. Knucklehead warriors like you focus on nothing but fighting. Who said I was here to fight? I'm in it for the money. I should've expected as much from numbskulls who judge by appearances."
- "You jerk. You lookin' to start something?"
- "Well, you were the one who started it. You've bought what you've got."
- "(grunts) We'll see whose laughing when I beat that smug face of yours."
- ~~Kiyomasa and Yukinaga; 100man-nin no Sengoku Musou
|This article about a Samurai Warriors character is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|