Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
All the movesets for Zhou Tai in the Warriors franchise.
|Keys:||Normal Attack •||Charge Attack •||Musou •||Jump/Mount|
Dynasty Warriors 4Edit
- R3: Releases wisps of light that stun enemies within range. Aura may change color in Free Mode to match the user's chosen side.
- : Zhou Tai gestures his scabbard to lift the enemy up with it, and then pulls out his sword and slashes them. One of the few grab moves to activate elements.
- , : Turns around, crouches and butts the sheath of his sword up.
- , , , (), (), (): Brings blade out in and out of its scabbard lightning-fast multiple times in multiple quick-draw slashes, ended with a last stroke that stuns.
- , , , : Builds power in forearm and releases it via unsheathing his sword out of its scabbard vigorously. Inflicts crashing knockback.
- , , , , , (): Zhou Tai kicks the enemy into the air after spinning. If is tapped again, he jumps up to them and slashes them down with a low-aimed battōjutsu meteor slash.
- , , , , , , (): Zhou Tai brings his sword out of its sheath, and brings it back to behind his shoulder. Ended with a powerful, piercing step thrust with the blade. If is pressed a second time, the attack will be slower, travels further, and be unblockable with more damage and further knockback. Inflicts crashing knockback.
- , , , , , :
- : While standing in place, Zhou Tai pivots to each side, bringing his sword to each side and making an x-figure movements. Ends with dashing forward, turning around, bowing and crouching, and sheathing his sword.
- : Zhou Tai leans to each side, and quickly swings his weapon.
- , , , , , : Six attacks to the right side.
- : Repeating slashes to all sides until the Musou gauge empties.
Zhou Tai's characteristic style of swordsmanship is known as Iaidō or Battōjutsu. His attacks mainly consist of low and swift horizontal slices, mostly done from drawing his sword from its sheath as often as possible, and in terms of iaidō, he may often instantly re-sheath his blade during certain slashes.
His wide range and high rotation speed also give him higher accuracy in hitting his enemy and other distractions around him. This makes him a deadly close range fighter, and perfect for singling out strong opponents and finishing them.
Zhou Tai is notable for being the Wu "horse general," the equivalent of Ma Chao for the Shu forces. Their advantage is that they have very long weapon range and attack only on the right side while mounted. Combine this with the Shadow Harness and they will be almost cheating even on the hardest difficulty level.
His moves tend to have some recovery time. If he fails to hit an opponent, it can leave him wide open for punishment. His moves also do not promote his mobility, as his attacks frequently require him to be stationary.
Dynasty Warriors 5Edit
Remains the same with the following additions/changes:
- : Zhou Tai advances forward twice, swinging his sword in opposite directions. Is invincible until he unsheathes his sword.
- , , , , : Slashes outward with a drawing slash, letting loose a small red ground flashing quake in front of him that launches.
- , , , , , , (): Same as before, only the second input possess a shadow element (regardless of orb choice).
- , , , , , , , , :
- (True): Ends with a shockwave generated from sheathing his blade and then a powerful turning drawing slash forward.
- , : Jump, then sweeps up enemies on the ground into the air, for continuous aerial hits. Can tap for extra hits.
- Warriors Orochi
Removes the bow moveset from previous games. Gains the ability to air dash and two Combination Arts.
- , : An airdash that makes him temporarily invincible. Zhou Tai leans forward slightly for his dash.
- R1: Slices the screen in a single horizontal battōjutsu slash into a 180 turn, then re-sheathes his blade for another area-of-effect strike. Both strikes cause a crumple effect.
- Direction + R1: A quick battōjutsu slash forward that sends a miniature flashing wave of energy forward. Shares this type of move with Mitsuhide's Art 2.
- In Warriors Orochi 2, this move is severely nerfed in both damage and hitstun.
- Warriors Orochi 2
- Triple Attack 1: Generates air gusts that travel within a certain distance.
- Triple Attack 2: Slashes the air to release a fierce stream of wind.
- Triple Attack 3: Performs a crouching slash that sends out a strong gust of wind.
Dynasty Warriors 6Edit
He shares his moveset with Xiahou Yuan and Huang Zhong. See Dao Movesets for more details.
- Special Attack: True Speed: greatly boosts speed. Holds his sword in front of him defensively as he sprints.
Dynasty Warriors: StrikeforceEdit
Zhou Tai mainly uses his version of the blade moveset in this title.
Dynasty Warriors 7Edit
Zhou Tai is affiliated with the curved sword in this appearance. When he is equipped with it, he can perform a unique attack exclusive to him. Upon performing his Musou techniques, he will automatically use the weapon in his attacks.
- EX Attack: , , , : Sheathes his sword before quickly unleashing a barrage of quick slashes in front of him.
- Musou - Void (無): : Does one quick upward slash, as he sheathes his sword he is surrounded in a slashing aura. Classified as a Multi-strike Musou in Next and used in Warriors Orochi 3.
- Aerial Musou - Wind (風): , : An aerial version of his EX attack.
- Dynasty Warriors Next
- Speed Musou - Scythe: Tap both sides of screen: Unleashes several thin slices done at high speed. Zhou Tai finishes the assault by knocking away his victims with a wide angular slash.
- Warriors Orochi 3
Reprises a previous Type Action.
- , : Stabs the ground while landing.
- , : Same as before, only Zhou Tai instead performs a leaning 180 turn to his right slanted to his left.
- R1: Same as his original R1 Type Action AKA his Combination Art 1, only the initial slash is more pronounced in the distance Zhou Tai moves forward at, and the re-sheathing causes crashing knockback while Zhou Tai is standing up as he re-sheaths. The attack is also slower than before, but does more damage as a trade-off (and is unblockable).
- , R1 (Ultimate only): Does a single horizontal swipe that leaves behind a trail of multiple slash marks. Zhou Tai is pushed back through the air during this attack, and launches targets.
Dynasty Warriors 8Edit
Zhou Tai keeps the same moveset from the previous title with the following additions.
- EX Attack 2 (Xtreme Legends only): , , , , : Performs a wide horizontal slash that leaves behind a red-colored trail. The attack slowly suspends affected enemies in mid-flight, leaving them vulnerable to further hits.
- Alternate Musou - Flash (閃): R1 + : Does an instantaneous vertical slash followed by several diagonal cross slashes. The move ends with a sudden red streak of light from the user's blade.
- Awakening Musou: Unsheathes weapon in time for a series of criss-cross slashes. The final phase involves the user performing multiple cuts shortly before unleashing a wide burst of energy. During the extended version of the attack, the user does a full spinning slash that ends with several slices to the front.